Harrys started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harrys has expanded to Canada & Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo & Cat Person, & made our first brand acquisition with Lum.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, the Harrys team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback.
Harrys is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays & lunch on Thursdays, & fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, & drinks everyday. Cant forget the free products & the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
We are still requiring vaccinations for in-office employees. Reasonable accommodations due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief may be made.
About the Brand
Cat Person is a new DTC (direct-to-consumer) brand shaking up the $75B pet industry by bringing respect, love & innovation to a long overlooked & underserved category: cat care. We started Cat Person because we saw a real need: thoughtfully designed food & goods made just for cats & the people who love them.
Launched in March 2020, & born out of Harrys Labs, the innovation arm of Harry's, Cat Person offers a line of essentials to help cat parents better care for their cats, including food, treats, furniture & toys. A design-forward brand, we consider both the cats & the cat persons needs in everything we make & do. Its all part of our mission: to make life with cats even more awesome than it already is.
Though small, our vision is grand. We arent just here to revolutionize cat care for the millions of cat parents in the US; were redefining what it means to be a cat person in culture today. Every role at Cat Person plays a part in redefining cat persons for the modern era.
About the Team
The Growth Marketing Team at Cat Person manages marketing channels to acquire new customers & drive profitable growth for the business. We are an enthusiastic group of hard-working individuals who are constantly reinventing our approach, developing & testing hypotheses rooted in data & customer insights, & scaling Cat Person marketing efforts in a measured, cost-effective manner.
About the Role
Cat Person is seeking a Senior Growth Marketing Manager to lead & scale up our performance efforts. In this role, you will own the strategy for acquisition channels, develop the vision & roadmap to drive profitable growth, & leverage analytics to inform your execution plans. You will lead a team of marketers & work cross-functionally to identify & unlock new growth opportunities.
Important: This is a hands-on role! This position is expected to be both an inspiring people manager that leads a high-performing digital team, as well as a talented individual contributor that creates & executes advertising strategies & goes deep into the weeds of digital programs.
What you will do:
- Set the strategy, budget, & conversion goals for media for Cat Person & drive execution against the strategy
- Own & efficiently scale customer acquisition driven through performance channels such as Paid Social, Display, Affiliates, Search, Sponsored Content.
- Leverage key industry trends & customer data to identify, test, & scale new digital acquisition channels
- Manage, coach, & develop a team of marketers. Serve as a true expert of your domain, & invest in teaching & sharing that expertise.
- Drive the thinking on performance-driven creative development through ads, landing page experiences, & new user flows.
- Measure performance using a variety of methodologies & tools & take ownership over attribution modeling & identifying true CPA, LTV, ROI (ex. Google Analytics, Heap, SQL, Looker, etc.
- Build & manage relationships with external partners as well as internal teams at Cat Person including Design, Product, Creative, Brand, etc.
This might describe you:
- 5+ years in performance marketing in a high-growth, DTC environment
- Strong understanding of the Growth landscape, with expertise in at least 3 of Display, Affiliate, Facebook, TikTok, Performance Influencers, Search, DR TV.
- Experience managing teams with a track record of helping them grow in their roles
- Experience setting growth goals, managing a budget, building forecasts, & delivering against monthly CPA, LTV, conversion targets
- Highly analytical, with a proven ability to mine data for opportunities & actionable insights that are not readily apparent.
- A strong communicator & effective cross-functional collaborator
- Enterprising doer, with an ownership mentality & a bias towards action, constantly hustling & taking initiative to drive improvements yourself.
- Strategic, can think the business, get inside the mind of the customer, & translate quantitative & qualitative data & insights into intelligent marketing strategies.
- Deep knowledge of ad & website performance reporting & analytics platforms, such as Google AdWords, Facebook Ads Manager, Google Analytics, Heap, Optimizely, etc.
- Humble & low ego team player; knows how to share & be challenged on your expert opinion while respecting others, keeps an open mind.
- Always seeking to learn, re-learn, & improve yourself, your team, & the world around you
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously & ourselves un-seriously.
Who you will work with:
- Report to the Head of Growth
- Work with best-in-class Growth Marketing teams both within Cat Person & across all Harrys Inc brands
- Work with internal teams at Cat Person including Design, Product, Creative, Analytics, & others
- External vendors & 3rd parties who support across various marketing channels & tools
Benefits & perks
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harrys
- Unlimited PTO & flexible working hours
- Wellness & L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL & virtual events including happy hours, team building events, & parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
This role can be done remotely, however there may be location constraints based on where Harry's is registered & able to employ individuals. Please work with your recruiter & your hiring manager to understand any location constraints. We are authorized & able to employ individuals in many, but not all states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where we are registered or able to employ individuals, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.