MakerBot is looking for a talented Operations Project Engineer to join our Operations Team! An ideal candidate should have strong technical & project management skills. Regular interaction with the greater Operations, Engineering & Product Management teams will be common. In addition, there will be significant interaction with outside suppliers & contract manufacturers.
Project management tasks will typically include developing & management of project schedules ensuring proper task delegation, risk mitigation & meeting key project milestones. Engineering tasks will typically include improving existing product designs & processes to solve technical problems, as well as leading efforts to reduce overall product costs.
This is your chance to be a part of a fun, fast-paced & dedicated team working with MakerBot to produce industry leading 3D printers & accessories.
- Develop & manage project schedules to meet key development milestones pertaining to the Operations product development cycle
- Advise greater team on project schedule risks. Suggest & drive mitigation plans
- Spearhead efforts to establish & implement short- & long-term corrective actions to recurring & urgent production & quality issues.
- Identify & implement changes to reduce the recurring costs of components, assemblies & products.
- Provide lessons learned inputs to new programs entering the design process & present data & findings to management, customers, etc.
- Review designs, maintain development schedules while following document control processes (ECOs, MCOs) & sustain BOMs
- Define, compose & execute validation test plans to confirm production-readiness of new designs & processes
- Develop, evaluate & improve manufacturing processes through part & system redesigns in order to estimate future manufacturing requirements
- Design custom products using SolidWorks to meet product specifications
- Maintain good working relationships with vendors to obtain quotes, prototypes & rework of parts
- Possess strong understanding of geometric dimensioning & tolerancing (GD&T)
- 3-5 years experience on a product development or manufacturing team with a technical background in product design & experience with project management
- A Mechanical Engineering degree (M.S. degree is a plus)
- Demonstrated understanding of product development life cycles, schedules, risk analysis & engineering verification techniques
- Experience in common manufacturing methods including but not limited to plastic injection molding, die casting & sheet metal (experience with electronics manufacturing & assembly is a plus)
- Understanding of change management processes, process control methodologies
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, ability to present to all levels of the organization & relay project needs across multiple language barriers
- Lean, Six Sigma, TQM experience is a plus
- Excellent people skills
- Extra experience counts too! Professional experience with 3D printing or MakerBot is a significant plus. MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer.
Sometimes, its the little things:
- Amazing view from the 21st floor. Great for Instagram!
- Free snacks, tea, coffee, seltzer
- Weekly on-site yoga
- A ping-pong & pool table, if youre into that sort of thing. And healthy intra-office competition to go with it.
- Access to 3D printers, of course. But also helpful people who love sharing their knowledge & expertise to help & teach you how to use them.
- Monthly birthday celebrations complete with cupcakes, brownies, & some ridiculously delicious pudding cups.
The compensation package includes health, dental, vision benefits, pre-tax benefits for transit, 401K matching, & three weeks of vacation.
This is a great opportunity to make a big impact in a unique industry working with amazing people.
MakerBot,a subsidiary of Stratasys. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability & ease-of-use. Through this dedication, MakerBot has one of the largest install bases in the industry & also runs Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world.
MakerBot's connected 3D printing solutions address the wider needs of professionals & educators, evolving their ideas from inspiration to innovation.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.