Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about solving technical problems & enabling customers, along with extensive experience working with Linux & open-source environments. Someone who has a strong desire to support our customers with an emphasis on fixing their issues as quickly as possible.
We are looking for a Developer Support Engineer to join our Developer Support Core team. Reporting to the Manager of Developer Support, youll be responsible for connecting customers from around the world with the resources needed to enable them to fully utilize our platform & advocate for their needs. This engineer will be supporting our core Object & Block Storage products (Spaces & Volumes).
As a Developer Support Engineer focused on providing exceptional support for our Core Storage offering, & through engagement & collaboration with our Storage, Product, & Engineering teams, youll have the opportunity to connect with & directly impact each customers experience & journey on our platform.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Responding to a high volume of technical tickets generated by our customers in a timely manner
- Working knowledge of Cloud Service, Networking & Storage concepts
- Experience with Storage & Content Delivery Network
- Providing exceptional support for Storage products Block Storage Volumes, Spaces
- Working Knowledge & understanding of Linux fundamentals, & Networking protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TLS
- Working both collaboratively & independently with our support, product, & engineering teams
- Identifying, communicating, & documenting process & policy improvements
- Experience with troubleshooting Networks & Storage (cURL, traceroute, dig, DNS, CORs or related)
What Well Expect From You:
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Successful track record in providing exceptional support to tech-savvy customers
- Unrivaled passion for customer advocacy & technology
- Strongly identify with our products, brand, & team culture
- Strong analytical & pattern recognition skills
- Bonus: Familiarity with RPC, S3, & distributed storage systems such as Ceph
- Bonus: Programming/Scripting languages (Bash, PHP, Go, Python, Ruby, NodeJS)
- Bonus: Familiarity with HTTP & structured text formats such as JSON
- Bonus: Familiarity with AWS s3 compartibles tools, s3 SDK & clients (s3cmd,Cyberduck,FileZilla etc)
- Bonus: Knowledge of, & contribution to Open Source projects
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge, Palo Alto & Bangalore, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
**This position may be done in NYC or Remote (but not in CO due to local CO job posting requirements)
Department: Customer Support #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Customer Support team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!