We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers & marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers & bring news & information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges & shifts in the market. As a result, weve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, & Meredith Corporation among many others. Learn about Index Exchange https://www.indexexchange.com/about/.
The purpose of this role will be to support our commercial teams growth objective in our dynamic marketplace. The person will provide data-driven analytics & financial analysis to drive short & long term business strategies within IX.
As a Data Analyst, you will support & drive objectives of the Commercial Analytics team, ensuring commercial teams receive relevant data-driven analysis to support short & long-term customer insights & business decisions. This position reports to the Director F&A.
What you'll be doing:
- Support the account management teams with data & analysis related to specific customer account inquiries in a timely manner.
- Analyze data sets to troubleshoot & identify root causes on exchange platform performance issues which have been escalated through Salesforce by account management. Communicate with key stakeholders with appropriate response times based on assessment of level of impact to business. Support & lead resolution with a sense of urgency.
- Support the business with reporting on designated accounts with volume-based price discounts, assessing account performance relative to expectation, historical & program requirements.
- Produce monthly reporting on publisher performance for designated account management teams utilizing Business Intelligence tools (Looker, Domo) & Vertica database.
- Write scripts & build tools to extract, clean & transform complex, custom data sets that will allow teams to quickly use data without concern of data integrity.
- Responsible for design & build reports in Business reporting tool (Looker) for designated commercial partner group. Ensures to understand key questions & select data points that are appropriate relative to the requirements. Responsible for maintenance of reports & proactively manage updates to reporting based on business changes.
- Support the existingSupport effective measurement of client support against team resources, to allow leadership to make quick decisions around resourcing.
- Assist in defining team goals & direction based on observed needs so that analyst leadership can understand the on the ground needs of the team & key business partners.
- Proactively finds opportunities at the customer level & presents findings & recommendations to manager. Recommendations are based on data driven analysis. Ex. user prospecting, technical integration health, CTV, in-app, & mobile performance.
- Build & maintain strong internal relationships & be a go to resource for insights development.
What we are looking for:
- Problem Solver: Do you enjoy finding creative solutions? How do you drive change?
- Team Player: How do you work with others? Can you build trust with your business partners in order to drive actions?
- Passion & Energy: Are you interested in cutting edge technology?
- Resilience: How do you handle pressure? How do you deal with uncertainty at workplace?
- Knowledge Hungry: Do you enjoy learning new concepts & ideas?
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelors degree in Business, Economics or a similar quantitative discipline.
- 1-2 Years prior experience in data analysis across full-time or part-time internship.
- Fluency in SQL & Python; Ideal candidate has application experience outside of the learning environment
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint,
- Understanding of databases
- Strong oral & written English communication skills;
- Comfort with ambiguity & a self-starter with an aptitude for defining & directing new processes;
- Ability to solve complex problems utilizing data analysis techniques
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Data visualization
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of statistical modeling techniques
Nice to Have:
- BI tool experience (ex/ Looker, Domo, Tableau)
- Experience working within the digital advertising industry
Why you will love working here:
- Our teams are built around cooperation, teamwork, & respect
- A bright & inviting shared office space in Downtown Toronto easily accessible by public transit or bike*
- We don't have a dress code & offer flexible work hours
- Paid vacation, 12 incidental sick days per year, & 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental & paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, & humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 & the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment & selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.