Account Strategist, SF/LA
Group Nine Media is looking for an Account Strategist to work in tandem with a Brand Partner to strategically develop new business & subsequently oversee execution in post-sale. The Account Strategist is ultimately responsible for orchestrating internal resources to ensure campaign expectations & contractual obligations are met, as well as acting as the client advocate within the editorial, product, production & business operations teams. From building the media plan through campaign delivery & wrap, this role will be the main client point of contact for advertising initiatives, including media elements, custom branded elements, & sponsored editorial.
The ideal candidate will possess exceptional client-facing skills, have a thorough understanding of digital media, & be able to lead large-scale campaigns from start to finish while acting as a representative of G9. You will have a knack for communicating efficiently & effectively under pressure to our clients & internal G9 teams, while ensuring the expectations of both are met.
This position will report into a Senior Account Strategist.
- Create media plans & help shepherd deals from pre-sale to close
- Lead conversations with legal regarding terms & usage rights for all campaigns
- Provide best-in-class white glove client service to advertisers through great communication & properly setting expectations
- Be the expert on all aspects of a campaign serving as the main point of contact for clients, sales & internal execution teams
- Ensure client integration elements are clearly communicated to the client & creative team, & ultimately delivered as promised
- Oversee production & delivery from all teams to ensure all elements of a campaign are running smoothly
- Digest & articulately relay feedback & expectations to client & internal G9 teams
- Proactively troubleshoot internal & external campaign concerns & seek out solutions that cater to both the client & the G9s best interests
- Confidently forecast the launch of a campaign & communicate any risk to revenue to internal teams
- Partner closely with Project Manager on internal operations to gain internal approvals & develop timelines
- Partner closely with Business Operations team to monitor media implementation, pacing, & performance to ensure we deliver the campaign in-full
- Present campaign performance reports including delivery, optimizations, insights, & program recommendations including mid-campaign & wrap reports
- Minimum 2 years working with a digital media company or digital agency in a client-facing role
- Strategic thinker & solution-oriented attitude
- Exceptional communication & writing skills
- Public speaking skills & ability to lead a room
- A background working with & leading communication with internal teams
- Enjoy & thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with the ability to maintain composure under pressure
- A passion for the G9 brands & desire to help grow our business
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. From pride to wellness to diversity, employees lead clubs that matter. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Knowing that time out of the office is as important as time spent in the office, our vacation, sick, & federal holiday allowances ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We value diversity & inclusivity. Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nines mission is to tell great stories that spark action & make a real difference. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, July 2019], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 70% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen, July 2019]. Audiences spend nearly 50 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched mobile news brand in the world; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand on digital; POPSUGAR, the leading digital lifestyle brand for women; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand in the U.S. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lion, Critics Choice, among others.