Principal UX Design Consultant, Customer Success
Appian is looking for a Principal User Experience (UX) Design Consultant to help scale our capability to deliver an enhanced experience to our customers.. As an Appian UX Design Consultant, you will be a hands-on team player within Appians Customer Success team, as well as a trusted user experience design advisor to Appians clients to rapidly build functional increments, test their effectiveness, & incorporate improvements. In this role, not only do you become an expert at delivering intuitive, visually aesthetic & usable process applications on our software, but you would build a User Experience Design capability within the Customer Success Department & provide feedback to Engineering on how to continually improve the software. In addition to being part of a cross-functional, agile team, the ideal candidate will own all aspects of the design process including but not limited to user research, design thinking, interaction design, visual design & usability studies.
- You are a "do-er" & love to learn. You enjoy working directly with clients & teams to design the best user experience using Appian software.
- You are educated in User Experience Design. You know how to conduct user research, interaction design, & usability testing. You are well versed in storyboard mapping user journeys. You also know how to prioritize the most effective activities to support fast-changing business requirements & deliver the most impact.
- You are a teacher. You enjoy teaching others your craft & enable teams to deliver intuitive & functional Appian software experiences.
- You are results-oriented. You focus on continuous improvement & do what it takes to support the teams mission. You can provide analytical & constructive feedback to Engineering teams to improve the Appian product.
- Youve demonstrated past success in developing excellent user experiences.
- You have excellent communication skills. You can seamlessly integrate into existing Customer Success teams & directly interface with Partners or Clients.
How youll contribute:
- Translate customer design standards & patterns into realizable Appian/SAIL implementations
- Promote UX practices to be incorporated into the Software Application Development Lifecycle
- Develop design patterns & standards that promote UI best practices & reusability
- Assist Teams with performing user research to understand the unmet needs of our customers & stakeholders
- Create wireframes to facilitate rapid design iteration based on review & feedback
- Prototype new interfaces using Appians low-code UI design system
- Plan & execute usability testing for features & enhancements; analyze results & work with Product Managers to prioritize issues
- Review the user experience of applications built by customers on Appians platform & provide recommendations for improvement
- 5+ years of interaction design experience
- 5+ years of prototyping & wireframing skills
- 5+ years of experience working with software development teams & stakeholders on design implementations
- Candidate must possess a strong portfolio with samples showcasing their expertise in interaction, creativity & depth of thought
- Bachelors in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related field.
- Enterprise software & Agile development experience preferred.
- Experience delivering UX solutions for projects with large scope & complexity
- Experience in advanced user research techniques (qualitative & quantitative measures, heuristic UI evaluations)
- Strong expertise in information architecture & interaction design principles & user centered design practices
- Strong written, visual & verbal communication skills
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.