Stack Overflow is growing fast, & our technology needs just keep getting bigger. Were looking for an IT Systems Engineer to join our existing team & help us grow our internal systems & infrastructure. As an ISE, youll bring a DevOps mindset to system administration, always looking for ways to automate manual work & create repeatable, scalable systems & processes.
Were looking for someone with experience in Systems Administration (or general Windows Server / Linux / networking experience), but we dont expect you to know every other part of our stack coming in, so well pair you with other members of the team to learn & develop your skills across our entire infrastructure (including our non-cloud infrastructure). We are a mixed Windows & Linux environment & expect this role to be adept at solving problems on both client machines & servers. Experience with Networking/VPN, Python, Google Cloud Platform, MacOS, Jira, & G Suite are a plus.
What you'll work on:
- Maintain our servers, network, & client systems
- Improve our automated deployment of employee hardware so it can be a hands-free process
- Work to improve the security & usability of IT systems & hardware
- Provide our employees with the access & equipment they need to get the job done.
- Automate employee onboarding so that new employees have a great first day
- Maintain VPN & improve the remote employee experience
- Document our ever-evolving systems & procedures
- Work on IT projects from research to implementation
- Be available to assist our IT support team in resolving helpdesk tickets
Our ecosystem includes:
- Google Cloud Platform
- Windows & Linux servers
- Macbook & PC laptops
- Git & GitHub Enterprise
Skills & Requirements
Were looking for:
- 3+ years of Linux & Windows Server experience
- 3+ years of Google Cloud Platform experience or equivalent (i.e AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Python experience with a developers mindset towards system administration (always looking to automate manual tasks)
- Strong written communication skills & a strong inclination to document as you go
- Linux experience in a mixed environment (we use mainly CentOS)
- Familiarity with: Servers, Networking, DNS, & administering PaaS & SaaS
We'd like to see:
- Experience managing G Suite, Jamf, Jira & Slack.
- Programming beyond basic scripting (we use mainly Python & C#)
- Knowledge of VMware, networking, wireless, VOIP & security systems in an enterprise environment
- Experience working both on a team & on independent projects
- Great communication & people skills
- Self-motivated & proactive
What youll get in return:
- Flexible hours
- 20 days paid vacation + holidays
- Completely free health insurance - no copay, no premiums (US residents)
- Generous parental leave (12-16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, & unlimited sick days
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
This is a remote position (US/East time zone or able to overlap with NYC time zones) While we are a remote-first team with team members all over the world, this position requires collaborating with people in Europe & NYC, therefore you must be located in the US/East or compatible time zone.
About Stack Overflow
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, & build their careers. More than 50 million professional & aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, & find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, & enable the world's developers. Our products & services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, & enterprise knowledge sharing.
We believe in hiring smart people & getting out of their way. We have an office in New York with some of the best amenities of any New York startup, & we have people who work remotely all over the world. We keep meetings & ceremonies to an absolute minimum.
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check & upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Overflow does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company & better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can & we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.