Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence & early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 6,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
At Guardant Health, we are committed to positively & significantly impacting patient health through technology breakthroughs that address long-standing unmet needs in oncology. As the leader in the field of liquid biopsy, Guardant Health has collected cancer genomic data from over 100,000 patients & is looking for bioinformatics scientists excited about analyzing genetic & epigenetic signals in this data to enable breakthroughs in cancer patient care by developing assays for detection of residual disease after treatment & also cancer at an early stage. We are working at the forefront of scientific & technological developments with emphasis on results that enable clinical impact on real patients. And you will contribute to this effort.
Here are some of our recent published results:
and the press release about the launch of 10,000-patient trial for evaluating the clinical impact of LUNAR blood test to detect colorectal cancer on average-risk population:
- Analyze NGS data to support clinical collaborations & assay development efforts
- Communicate analysis results to stakeholders across computational & experimental teams
- Identify new biomarkers by analyzing external genomic, epigenomic & proteomic data sources & internal data to improve product performance & suggest new product features
- Develop predictive models to integrate different analytes for detecting tumor DNA in plasma
- Participate in brainstorming sessions, maintain a highly productive & motivating work environment
- Provide written documentation & specifications
- Dedicated to make a difference in a rapid-paced startup environment
- Ph.D. in computational biology/bioinformatics, genomics, machine learning, or related fields
- Experienced with analysis of genomic & epigenomic NGS data
- Experienced in visualization of complex experiments to derive biological insights
- Proficiency with a high level scripting language (Python/R; Python preferred)
- Proficiency with Linux command-line & version control tools (git & GitHub)
- Cancer biology background
- Ability to build reproducible & well-written code (or packages) for data analysis
- Experience in analyzing public genomic/epigenomic datasets (e.g. TCGA, ENCODE)
- Familiar with high-performance computing infrastructures (e.g., SGE, Spark)
- Experience leveraging AWS based services (e.g., EC2, S3) to speed analyses
- Experience with good software engineering practices (e.g., unit testing, code documentation)
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies & use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, & biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health & how it is used, please review ourPrivacy Notice for Job Applicants
Please visit our career page at:http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs