What were looking for
- OEC Group is currently looking for a bilingual, preferably Mandarin or Spanish speaking, Executive Assistant to support the President in a timely & professional manner. You will provide high quality administrative & clerical assistance in our New York office.
- The Executive Assistant's main duties include scheduling meetings, maintaining phone/email correspondence, making travel arrangements, & organizing the daily calendar. The ideal candidate should have relatable experience, be analytical, & be familiar with office management technologies.
About OEC Group
Established in 1981, OEC Group is one of the leading NVOCC freight forwarding companies. With headquarters located in Taipei, Taiwan, as well as regional headquarters in New York & branches throughout Asia, North America, & Europe; OEC Group enjoys a strong position in a rapidly growing market. OEC Group provides our customers with import & export services, as well as, door-to-door services for both international & domestic needs. We remain competitive by offering a wide range of logistics services, including: ocean & air freight, rail, trucking, warehousing & distribution, customs brokerage, cargo insurance & more.
Perks & Benefits of OEC Group
After successfully completing & passing a standard 90-day introductory period the employee is provided with the following benefits package. This includes:
- Individual Health Insurance Coverage (Medical, Dental & Vision) Paid for by the company
- Life & Accidental Insurance Coverage
- Vacation, Personal & Floating Days
- Bi-Annual performance review with opportunities for a salary adjustment and/or bonus (contingent upon company financials & on-the-job performances)
- After 1 full year of employment: 401K Plan with up to 3% company match
OEC Group provides a fun, family-oriented work culture. We are a well-established company that is continually growing & looking for strong team players. We often host company outings such as team dinners, holiday parties, company picnics, & team building activities! Here at OEC we identify the following to be our 5 main Core Values:
- People Make OEC: We value our people & the relationships in OEC where we always grow & support each other as a unified team.
- We Care so We Share: We care about people's interests & happiness, so we share valuable resources & celebrate success together.
- Customer Driven: We are driven to help both our internal & external customers succeed. In every interaction & with every service, we act in our customers' best interests - striving to understand their needs & exceed their expectations.
- Passion: Passion is at the heart of OEC. We have passion for our work, our wins, & being accountable in everyday tasks.
- Change to Improve: We believe change is essential for growth. Continuous improvement brings OEC & our people to a better future.
About the Position
Duties & responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Manages calendar of the Executive team & independently schedules appointments daily.
- Arranges travel accommodations for the President & Executive team by coordinating with airlines, hotels and/or travel agents.
- Records & produces detailed messages to Supervisor from internal & external contacts.
- Manages key projects as directed by Supervisor.
- Arranges programs, events, or conferences by arranging for facilities & caterer, issuing information or invitations, coordinating speakers, & controlling event budget.
- Directs preparation of records such as agenda, notices, minutes, & resolutions for corporate meetings.
- Prepares agendas for regional sales meetings on a quarterly basis.
- Responsible for gathering data & preparing daily/monthly/quarterly/yearly sales volume reports for sales management, senior management & Chairman.
- Coordinates with Administration team to plan company events such as the Annual Holiday Party, company picnic & executive meetings.
- Accountable for managing the inventory of sales promotional items & requesting additional inventory from headquarters as needed.
- Reviews expense reports & submits for reimbursement through Concur for the Executive team.
New York Office 9:00 am 6:00 pm EST
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Looking for candidates with good follow up abilities, strong organizational skills, & email communication skills.
Knowledge of Mandarin language is a plus, but not required.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree & one to three years of related experience.
- Experience dealing with a high volume of data entry.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, & requires the ability to speak & hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for data entry.
<10% of travel required, may be responsible for visiting event venues, etc.
OEC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.