Company Description|Job Description
Guardant Health is a pioneer in non-invasive cancer diagnostics & the first company tocommercialize a comprehensive genomic liquid biopsy. Our proprietary digital sequencing technology is transforming cancer treatment by providing an accurate & precise picture of the individual genomic alterations that cause tumors to grow, change, & develop resistance to treatment. We have combined decades of scientific research, advances in laboratory technology, & our breakthrough innovation in liquid biopsy to create new tests that have already handled tens of thousands of samples. We believe our tests can accelerate new drug development & improve the lives of all patients fighting cancer. Our current products are just the beginning of what we hope to accomplish & new uses of our platform are emerging.
We succeed best by coordinating our creative talents & energies to achieve results far beyond what any single individual could accomplish. We seek very talented people who want to be part of our fantastic team.
The Accessioner II provides a vital link between internal customer service & the clinical group. The Accessioner II is responsible for receiving, unpacking, processing & recording samples sent for laboratory testing under the supervision of the Accessioning Supervisor. The Accessioner II may serve as a team lead to Accessioner I to coordinate tasks, divide workload & manage projects. He/she has demonstrated a good understanding of laboratory workflow. In addition to the primary role of sample accessioning, there will be a need to provide back-up support to the Analytial and/or Post-Analytical team, , on an as needed basis. It is imperative that the Accessioner II have demonstrated the ability to work independently, but also function effectively as a member of the Guardant Health team. The nature of the work requires excellent attention to detail, effective written & verbal communication skills, the ability to multi-task & be flexible with tasks & schedules, & the ability to work independently in a team environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Accessioner II are required to support the clinical lab staff with sample intake & accessioning.
- Responsible for receiving, unpacking & processing all incoming clinical specimens.
- Responsible for entering & verifying data in the LIS database.
- Verifies aspects of incoming samples & access acceptability of the sample testing.
- Prepare samples for testing by centrifuging & isolating plasma from whole blood.
- Resolve & document incomplete or unacceptable specimens.
- Aliquot specimens & manage sample storage inventory.
- Create sample batches, print labels & label tubes & batches.
- Perform equipment maintenance & maintain equipment logs & records.
- Keep laboratory equipment in good working condition by applying quality control measures, such as sterilization & greasing to avoid damages.
- Support the administrative functions of the lab as required.
- Check, monitor & record temperature & perform root cause analysis of deviations & implement a resolution or initiate a service request when necessary.
- Clean racks & other laboratory supplies.
- Carry out & maintain sufficient inventory of laboratory stock for daily operations.
- Work closely with the Leads of the Analytical, Post Analytical & the Client Services Teams to provide consistent & ongoing support to the entire service department.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned & assist others as time allows.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
- Participate in the introduction of new validations and/or configurations.
- Assist in the update & development of SOPs pertaining to Accessioning.
- Assist with training of new laboratory personnel & training of new procedures with existing personnel.
- Assist with internal audits & inspection preparation, as needed.
- Assist in organizing & maintaining laboratory, personnel & training documents.
- Identify process improvement opportunities & report to laboratory management.
- Report all concerns of test quality and/or safety to the Supervisor or Safety Officer.
- Provide support, guidance & constructive feedback to Accessioner I.
- Accessioner II may oversee Accessioner I in the absence of Accessioning Supervisor and/or designee.
- Minimum of AA or equivalent required
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Biomedical Laboratory Science, Clinical Science or related field preferred
- At least 2 years of related experiences in a high complexity laboratory required
- Demonstrate a high level of competency when assisting in the pre-analytical sample processing steps
- Ability to proactively communicate consistently, clearly, & honestly
- Strong computing skills
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers & customers, as needed
- Ability to prepare & maintain records & logs
- Ability to integrate & apply feedback in a professional manner
- Ability to prioritize tasks with a high emphasis on quality
- Ability to analyze & solve basic issues
- Ability to work independently & as part of a team
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies & use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, & biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Please visit our career page at:http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/