Guild is hiring for a Payroll Specialist to join our tight-knit Accounting team. Youll be responsible for full-cycle payroll activities for 450 (and growing!) employees in multi-states. Were looking for someone who is dedicated to making sure these critical processes are effectively, accurately & efficiently completed to support our scaling business & our teams.
As a Payroll Specialist, you will:
- Process bi-weekly payrolls with Manager of Accounting
- Validate/Coordinate all necessary inputs & data for timely & accurate payrolls
- Partner with our People Ops & Workplace Ops teams on reconciliation for our benefit & commuter carriers
- Track employees education & student loan benefits to record additional earnings & taxes per policies & compliance
- Maintain & process employee referral bonuses
- Prepare reports out of ADP that will be utilized by users across the company
- Partner with Guild employees & managers to ensure that non-exempt time-sheets are collected in advance of processing deadlines & train all non-exempt new hires on time card procedures
- Prepare all payroll-related journal entries & maintain the GL interface in ADP
- Complete monthly reconciliation of payroll liability accounts including paid time off
- Help validate tax filings & year-end W-2s
- Become an expert in our payroll system ensuring accurate record keeping, data & security
- Resolve & respond to payroll-related questions
- Say yes! to a variety of related team tasks & in the weeds projects with a positive attitude
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Obsessive attention to detail & organizational skills
- An auditors mindset for all supporting documentation within cloud-based (Google) environment
- Thorough knowledge of payroll lifecycles, best practices & local, state & federal payroll laws & regulations
- 2+ years of experience in a payroll role
- Expertise with payroll processing software/HRIS (ADP Workforce Now preferred) & Excel
- The ability to keep business information confidential and respect sensitive information of others
- Strong people skills & are able to build relationships at all levels of the organization
- The capacity to effectively prioritize, meet & establish deadlines
- Experience & interest in working in a fast-paced, changing & collaborative environment
- The know-how to establish & follow business policies & controls
- Education, certification etc. that support your skills to contribute to the Guild team & community as described
In addition to working with the accounting team (Charity Long, Abby Reinholt & Daniel Guzman), in this role you will collaborate with other Guild team members including Maureen Dady, Fae Dagonese & Zach Brown on the People Ops team.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities & education institutions. Guilds proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit & our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation & the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman & former CEO of AMEX, & joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, & Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.