Do you enjoy empowering creative talent with cutting-edge graphics tools, workflows, & features? Are you interested in designing & implementing graphics workflows that can leverage the ever growing power of graphics hardware on current & future platforms? Are you excited to engage directly with development customers to gather requirements, acquire feedback, & iterate new systems to a polished sheen? Do you take pride in proposing coherent solutions to sophisticated problems involving multiple customer groups & tricky technology constraints? Would you like to work on adventurous visuals that inspire generations to come, sitting next to top industry talent, at a company that cares deeply about work-life balance?
Imagine a small team of developers creating amazing AAA-quality content all by themselves! Imagine an artist, freed from the tedium of repetitive tasks, unconstrained by manual processes, driven only by her creativity to fulfill her vision! That is the world we at Unity want to create. And we need your help to create it.
Experience the excitement of Unity real-time graphics by exploring samples from our projects from the Book of the Dead, Adam: Episode 1, Episode 2 & Episode 3, the Automotive Reveal, The Big Hero 6 series (Baymax Dreams of Too Many Baymaxes, Baymax Dreams of Bed Bugs, Baymax Dreams of Evil Sheep), the Spaceship Demo, & the Megacity Demo, as well as the Neon demo. Stay tuned for more amazing graphics coming in the near future!
The Render Pipeline Workflows team within Unitys R&D Core department is looking for a Leader who loves to solve sophisticated technical challenges & help empower a hardworking team to grow & reach their goals. Within the R&D department our Core teams are building fundamental building blocks that other teams rely upon & are critical to Unitys users.
This position will balance your ability to solve complex problems with your desire to understand & facilitate the success of a highly technical team. The position requires close collaboration with teams across the entire R&D department.
What you'll be doing
- Manage, coach & grow a team of experienced engineers in an inclusive environment
- Unblock obstacles, collaborate with stakeholders & empower engineers on the team to do their best work
- Directly contribute to the code & to the architectural roadmap of your domain & promote high engineering standards
- Work closely with parallel teams to ensure a unified user experience is delivered & increase alignment across product teams
- Drive the outcomes for the team & provide communication & transparency around projects & progress
What we're looking for
- Experience as an Engineering Team Lead or Manager of Software Engineering overseeing small to medium sized teams working with a large & sophisticated code base towards a common goal
- Proven track record aligning with partners & deliver high-impact, high-quality solutions
- Good expertise of the Unity Editor & its Scriptable Render Pipelines (URP, HDRP)
- Industry proven experience in professional software development with proficiency in C#, C++, data structures, algorithms, & engineering principles.
- Experience developing UI, tools & workflows for native applications
You might also have
- Track record of designing robust APIs & libraries & writing clean code
- Experience with testing frameworks & modern CI/CD systems
- Experience refactoring existing code allowing it to be more extensible
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the worlds leading platform for creating & operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, & others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unitys platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run & monetize interactive, real-time 2D & 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, & augmented & virtual reality devices.
The companys 1,800+ person research & development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases & platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable & positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters & recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter & agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.