Katerra is a technology company transforming property development, design, & constructionfrom start to finish. We are building an entirely new kind of company that brings together expertise in design, technology, material sourcing, manufacturing, & construction as a single integrated offering.
With this unique approach, we have the opportunity to design & build beyond compromise. Beautiful, efficient, sustainablewe can do it all. The era of design concessions is over.
At Katerra, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of Katerras cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.Katerra does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Katerra encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences
Project Manager- CAD Design
A great project manager articulates the specific scope of a project to a wide variety of audiences, including why a project is important & how it should be delivered. It is about framing the house while keeping a perfect mental picture of how you will paint the walls. They will work independently, build partnerships, & manage the delicate balance between scope, schedule, & budget. It is someone who has a flare for physical & digital connected space & has a passion for driving incredibly organized & well-oiled projects. Its someone who can jump into day to day production meetings but takes pride in running daily scrums & tracking complex schedules with many vectors of influence. The ideal candidate fully understands interfacing with cross-functional development teams & is someone who can drive best practices in program management. The candidate is also a natural collaborator who can partner with key Katerra business units & functions.
The project manager will plan requirements with internal customers & usher projects through the entire component design process & project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks & clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses & recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers. The project manager will manage cross-functional projects that require working with all organizational levels & groups specific to growth & development of Katerras integrated development, design, manufacturing, logistics, & construction operations. The project manager must be fearless organizers who are ready to work cross functionally & resolve potential risks to the schedule & quality of the product. We are looking for someone who is flexible & can respond quickly, energetically, & enthusiastically to challenges.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including but limited to product teams, design teams, manufacturing teams, & construction teams in developing project schedules, milestones, & risk analyses.
- Work with core teams to develop & articulate tactical plans for day-to-day component design execution
- Use technical judgment to drive project delivery, technology reviews, challenge proposals & build consensus. Present your team's analyses & recommendations to internal stakeholders, including executive management.
- Gather requirements.
- Develop reports to track planning, scheduling, issues, risks & overall status.
- Oversee the creation of new processes & tools as necessary to support additional needs & requirements of a fast growing business.
- Be the go-to person in hosting & managing regular sync-up meetings covering new product introduction, strategy, ongoing operations, tech talks, & lessons learned meetings
- Develop & prepare project documentation, process maps, presentations & tracking reports to provide detailed status of each project.
- Identify critical path, determine & integrate milestones, control points, imposed dates & go/no-go decision points into the schedule
- Understand & review technical issues with talented engineering teams as well as escalate & communicate effectively with senior management internally & externally. Cross-functional communication skills are essential.
Required Skills & Experience
- BA/BS degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Masters degree & Project Management Certified preferred.
- Experience with design software (Autocad) or construction projects; projects that involve technology or interacting with built environment.
- Superb organizational skills & a proven track record of managing projects in a transparent & well-documented manner.
- Experience coordinating & scheduling multiple projects throughout the entire lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in an ambiguous, busy, & contradictory environment, & deliver outstanding results in a timely manner.
- Outstanding organizational, multi-tasking, & prioritization abilities; an excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to understand technical subjects & emerging technologies, & their relevance to the marketplace.
- Ability to work well & exert influence as a member of a highly integrated team composed of both technical & non-technical members.
- Able to prepare project reports, chair & prepare meetings
- Proficient in major IT systems used to support NPI & production: PLM (Arena, SAP) & ERP (SAP, Arena, + homegrown systems) & the associated processes to manage purchasing, planning & consumption.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.