We started Birchbox in 2010 to redefine the way consumers discover & shop for beauty & grooming. The company quickly grew from an exciting idea to a business that has materially shaped the beauty industry: we've activated an enormous group of underserved, untapped consumers, awakening their relationship with beauty by making the experience relevant, easy & fun. Our innovation isn't the simple concept of delivering a box of samples - it's understanding that although not everyone is passionate about beauty & grooming, everyone still deserves to have a great experience finding, trying & buying it.
Birchbox operates in six countries, reaching more than 2.5 million active customers with a portfolio of 500 best-in-class prestige brand partners. We have retail locations within select Walgreens stores across the US as well as a flagship Birchbox store in Paris.
About the role:
Birchbox is seeking a Product Analyst to support the evolution of the customer journey at Birchbox. You will report into the Manager, Marketing Analytics & will be responsible for supporting the Product & Tech organizations as they seek to create a cohesive, delightful & holistic experience connecting our monthly box experience to our digital presence, including the mobile app, customer profile, e-commerce shop, & in-house content hub.
You will have the opportunity to support decision making at the very core of Birchbox & have a meaningful impact on the interactions the casual beauty consumer has with us.
The ideal candidate will have experience doing broad analyses in Google Analytics & other analytics tools to identify opportunities in the customer journey, specifically in the web experience. You will present findings in a compelling & succinct manner to cross-functional stakeholders, including senior leadership. You foster a culture of data in everything you do. You are exceptional at prioritizing work, setting expectations & communicating to stakeholders. You love telling a story with data & creating actionable insights that drive tangible change. You are a strategic thinker, connecting the dots between data & financial results to create & advocate for your own strategies to drive growth. You dive in & dont wait for someone to tell you what youre looking for.
- Site behavior + testing
- Evolve the Birchbox Google Analytics account in partnership with our performance marketing partner to reflect current business needs & to track & segment customer behavior, inclusive of support for our international teams.
- Produce user engagement analyses focused on behavior on key webpages, such as the homepage, product pages, content pages, profile pages, & cart pages, & key drivers to recommend growth opportunities.
- Use third party analytical tools with heat maps, session records, qualitative surveys, & historical tests to derive actionable insights.
- Develop & run A/B testing on product features using internal tools & external tools such as Google Optimize.
- Identify opportunities in SEO to fuel organic growth in both web & native app properties, analyzing data from sources such as Google Analytics, Search Console & request logs.
- Reporting + KPI Management
- Create reports & dashboards in Looker, Google Analytics, Datadog, or other analytics tools that demonstrate connections between web engagement & revenue, marketing channels, content, etc.
- Champion a metrics-driven culture within the Tech & Product organizations to foster accountability & rigorous decision-making.
- Be a stakeholder & active participant in informing the evolution of our site data model.
- BS in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Information Systems, Data Science, Marketing, or Business.
- 2+ years of experience with web analytics, including funnel conversion, engagement & retention metrics.
- Experienced in utilizing statistical concepts for A/B test analysis: statistical significance, confidence intervals, & establishing variance thresholds.
- Are an Excel & Google Analytics wizard & have a working knowledge of SQL.
- Have an insatiable curiosity, a commitment to precision & excellence, & a desire to work collaboratively within & between teams.
- First-hand experience with testing tools such as Google Optimize or Optimizely.
- Experience in or willingness to learn at least one scripting language (Python or R preferred).
- Experience with Google Tag Manager.
- Experience with Looker