What is Cat Person?
Cat Person is a new DTC (direct-to-consumer) brand shaking up the $75B pet industry by bringing respect, love & innovation to a long overlooked & underserved category: cat care. We started Cat Person because we saw a real need: thoughtfully designed food & goods made just for cats & the people who love them.
Launched in March 2020, & born out of Harrys Labs, the innovation arm of Harry's, Cat Person offers a line of essentials to help cat parents better care for their cats, including food, treats, furniture & toys. A design-forward brand, we consider both the cats & the cat persons needs in everything we make & do. Its all part of our mission: to make life with cats even more awesome than it already is.
Though our team is small, our vision is grand. We arent just here to revolutionize cat care for the millions of cat parents in the US; were redefining what it means to be a cat person in culture today. Every role at Cat Person plays a part in redefining cat persons for the modern era.
About the role
The Distribution Manager will play a critical role on our supply chain team as we continue to build expertise in operations & devote resources to building best-in-class fulfillment capabilities. You will have full responsibility over managing our external partners with a heightened focus on making order fulfillment as efficient as possible as well as identifying customer-forward initiatives to improve our fulfillment operations. You will be joining the brand at the early stages & have a significant role in building a company from the ground up & shaping the direction & success of the business.
What you will accomplish
- Manage our daily fulfillment operations across all channels
- Establish & monitor distribution KPIs, working with our partners to optimize for customer service & cost
- Ensure exceptional customer experience by making sure orders are delivered on time & in full, & constantly having a pulse on continuous improvement
- Define key measures to drive action & improvement in speed, efficiency, & quality
- Refine Standard Operating Procedures to ensure quality & consistency at distribution centers
- Develop our relationships with external partners by collaboratively improving (and if necessary rethinking) our distribution infrastructure & processes
- Support business growth by managing distribution for new product, category, & channel launches as well as play a key role in continuing to build out our distribution network
- Serve as the subject matter expert for respective area & work collaboratively with cross functional teams & external partners to help troubleshoot fulfillment-related customer issues
- Responsible for inventory management within our ERP platform S/4HANA, including receipts of inventory, transfers between warehouses & month-end reconciliations to ensure proper financial reporting.
Who you are
- 6+ years total work experience with 3+ years of that working in logistics or fulfillment
- Have an understanding of supply chain operations, gained through a relevant bachelors degree (such as Supply Chain Management, Operations Management or Logistics)
- Experience in both e-commerce & retail fulfillment operations is a plus, with some time spent directly managing external partners
- Experience in or ability to learn ERP systems (e.g. S/4HANA)
- You are able to travel to our distribution centers & conferences
- Numerically & analytically minded - highly skilled in Excel
- Process oriented - comfortable both establishing & improving processes across operational areas
- Customer focused - always looking to see a challenge through the eyes of our customers
- Strong attention to detail. You are comfortable going deep into the weeds while always considering the bigger picture
- Sense of urgency: bias for taking action
- Able to independently own & drive projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong communication, teamwork, problem-solving, & interpersonal skills
- Passion for cats and/or animals a huge plus!
Here's who you'll work with
- Reporting to Director of Operations
- Will also have significant exposure to the full cross-functional team including extensive interaction with: customer experience, digital product/engineering - in addition to external 3rd party partners
About Cat Person
Cat Person is a new brand committed to strengthening the relationship between cats & cat persons by delivering cat care essentials - including food, treats & products - that are specially made for the unique needs of cats, & thoughtfully designed for their people. By putting modern feline lovers at the center of their research, design, & marketing processes, Cat Person is prioritizing the unmet needs of this fragmented, $75 billion pet market & flipping the script on the stereotype about cat owners. The company was founded by a small team of passionate cat people & launched in March 2020. Today, it is part of the Harry's family of brands.
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, Canada, Germany, France, Belgium, & the Netherlands, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, & expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse. We have also launched three new brands including Flamingo, Cat Person, & Headquarters, & made our first brand acquisition with Lum!
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
This role can be done remotely, however there may be location constraints based on where Harry's is registered & able to employ individuals. Please work with your recruiter & your hiring manager to understand any location constraints. We are authorized & able to employ individuals in many, but not all states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where we are registered or able to employ individuals, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.