As a Certified B Corporation, AeroFarms is a mission-driven company with global headquarters in Newark, NJ, championing indoor vertical farming & fundamentally transforming agriculture. Recognized by Fast Company as one of the Worlds Most Innovative Companies & bycom as one of the Top 25 Disruptive Companies in the World, AeroFarms is scaling to meet the demand for our fresh, locally grown produce that is setting new culinary standards, & we need someone special who can bring their experience in recruiting to help us grow further. Must be aligned with our mission & passionate about making a difference.
- An incredible change-the-world company with the eyes of the world focused on our success.
- A team of motivated, intellectually-curious individuals to support you.
- Backed by some seriously impressive firms including Goldman Sachs, Prudential, leading VCs, & strategic partners with a view on global expansion.
Production Worker Position
Under the direct supervision of farm management, the Production Worker is responsible for following routine farm tasks according to AeroFarms Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Production Workers can be assigned within any of the following functional farms areas: Sanitation day shift, Sanitation night shift, Growing, Packaging, Harvesting, & Seeding.
- Performs a variety of general labor & production work including but not limited to:
- Packing & shipping duties
- Transport materials to various departments within the facility
- Provide quality checks on finished goods
- Prepare racks for seeding
- Ensure work areas are sanitized regularly
- All team members will have basic knowledge of tasks needed to be complete.
- Functions as a utility team member & work in various departments
- Rotational weekend work required
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be able to read, write, understand, & speak basic English (required)
- 6 months or more experience working within a production, warehousing, and/or manufacturing environment.
- General work experience will be considered in place of manufacturing experience. AeroFarms training provided.
- Be able to work in a cold environment (<38F) for long periods of time
- Availability to work one weekend day; Saturday or Sunday.
- Ability to respect & maintain confidential information
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to lift, push, or pull up 50lbs
Wage: $12.00 Hourly, paid weekly
Benefits: Healthcare, Dental, & Life Insurance after 60 days, 401(k), Paid Time Off, & Other company perks available.
Shift: 6:50 am - 3:30 pm.
Required: Work four days during the week between Monday - Friday and one weekend day, Saturday or Sunday