Director of Intersection Content & Programming
Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities & public spaces, with products that bridge the digital & physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information & content to enrich our everyday journeys & elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with groundbreaking technology to design, develop, deliver, & maintain unique products & experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, & consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting & travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents & visitors, or private developers to craft unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods & districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the role?
The Director of Programming & Content is charged with developing content & programming all of our digital screens to improve the journeys of the nearly 28MM people we reach across the country each month. This role will be responsible for establishing Intersection as the industry leader in publishing in public space, & measurably enhancing the value of our advertising through consumer engagement. They will support sales efforts with thought leadership & direction to our clients around best practices for storytelling & managing consumer journeys in public spaces. This role reports directly to Intersections Chief Marketing Officer & will work closely with the Sales & local market teams.
Within the first six months, you will:
Recommend & execute a phased & agile approach to program the digital assets in all our markets with national & localized content.
- Review LinkNYC content strategy today & overtime to identify learnings & assets that can be applied to an Intersection-wide approach, as well as optimize LinkNYC efforts in the context of national content expansion
- Understand screen utilization; current content approach; relationships with cities, transit authorities, airlines & destinations; & technical & other constraints today across all Intersection markets
- Identify 1-2 logical first markets to introduce content based on the above
- Determine top KPIs to measure phase one success
- Recommend an ongoing programming calendar of content (that can be shared with sales & local markets), both new & learned from LinkNYC
- Identify the process for phase one that requires minimal engineering development resources
- Determine the resources required for phase one
- Execute phase one
- Recommend & execute a cohesive strategy for full market roll out that covers operational, technical, & creative components in all of our markets
- Identify & negotiate key partnerships needed for success
- Build out a team as needed, & provide a business case to provide resources in other functional areas as appropriate
- Proactively create material to communicate Intersections positioning, successes & competitive advantage to the broader marketplace
- Represent Intersection content & programming with senior-level clients both in public spaces & with key brands & agencies
- Ensure programming & content story is consistent & well-integrated into our marketing materials
- Work with data & analytics to create dashboard views of local market content programming to understand the customer experience in real-time
- Improve existing processes with AdOps & Product & Engineering teams to more efficiently publish content at scale
- Create a framework for measuring the impact of content on customer engagement, advertising effectiveness, & overall ad sales
- Serve as a key partner for sponsored content sales, & ensure sell-through of sponsored content deals as a factor in optimizing content overall.
Within the first six months to one year, you will:
- Iterate & expand the initial plan based on learnings & changing market conditions
You are great for this role, because you have:
- 5+ years of relevant editorial, content marketing, and/or consumer marketing experience
- A highly creative orientation, with an ability to spot trends & cultural influences that will help mold & ensure impactful & meaningful experiences for consumers across many demographics
- Strong analytics & operational skills to ensure our efforts are driving results, & that we are running a tight process.
- Presence & communication skills to represent Intersection with senior clients, press, & at industry events
- Demonstrated an ability to manage a team that is both scrappy & highly engaged
- A history of great partnerships & relationships with internal teams, including Sales, BD, other Marketing areas including Brand & Creative, Legal, & others.
- Experience with & passion for working in high-growth, start-up, tech environments, including an ability to drive results with a scrappy approach, & adapt easily to changes in strategy & priorities based on market learnings
- A reputation of setting a high bar for excellence
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse & global audience, we value a diverse workforce & inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, & veteran status.