Namelys mission is to help mid-sized companies build a better workplace. Were an HR, payroll, & benefits platform that provides the technology, data, & support that HR professionals need & employees love to use. People are at the center of everything we do, & we believe every company & employee deserves a great workplace, supported by innovative HR technology. At Namely, we are problem solvers, self-starters, & obsessed with creating the best experience for our clients.
Do you love leading a team of software developers, acting as a mentor & encouraging their careers? Does the opportunity balance managing a team while also contributing your own code sound like your kind of challenge? Can you lead collaboration both within your team & cross functionally with other engineering & technology teams?
Namely is looking for a Manager of Software Engineering to lead a team within our Engineering organization. As the Manager of Software Engineering, you will partner with the leaders in Engineering & Product to deliver & ensure the best possible experience for both internal & external customers. You will be driving the best practices & standards for software development at Namely.
- Lead, support, & guide a feature team engineers in software engineering & career development.
- Interview, hire & grow team as needed.
- Contribute to the teams code base as in IC writing code, architecting solutions & participating in code reviews.
- Participate, facilitate & assist product owners, software engineers & QA analysts in all agile ceremonies & processes.
- A minimum of 1 year of applicable experience in leading & managing a group of engineers.
- Experience building, shipping & maintaining web apps that are reliable, testable & maintainable.
- The ability to attract, interview, develop & retain top talent.
- Strong analytical & technical skills to identify critical & impacting issues, escalate them & drive them to resolution.
- BS or BA orequivalentexperience.
Nice to Have
- Fluency in one or more server-side programming language (preferably C#, Ruby, Go)
- Experience with microservices architecture.
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with .Net Core
Namely is the first HR, payroll, & benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we dofrom our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company & every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use & love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional & voluntary, & none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.