Help us run & improve our finance.
Flexport is looking to hire a Senior Accounting Analyst on the Cost Accounting team. This is a crucial role that will have ownership in overseeing accounting for cost of sales in a fast-paced, pre-IPO environment. In this role, you will drive month-end close, shape key accounting processes, & work on strategic projects as the business continues to expand globally. You will improve the efficiency of close processes, work cross-functionally to develop & enhance business systems & processes, & be involved in supporting major projects that impact the entire organization.
- Own the month-end close process, including the preparation & review of journal entries & account reconciliations for cost of sales & related balance sheet accounts
- Analyze large amounts of data to summarize cost of sales activity & report on results, identify issues, risks, trends, & make recommendations
- Perform monthly & quarterly gross margin fluctuation analysis, metrics reporting, & other ad hoc analysis as requested
- Develop, document, & implement policies & procedures that drive efficiency across the business
- Assist in the preparation of schedules for our external auditors during annual audits
- Own critical accounting projects, including the implementation of new systems
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business or equivalent practical experience
- 3-5 years of Accounting & Finance experience
- 2-4 years of Cost Accounting experience
- Looker and/or SQL experience is a plus
- Tech and/or logistics industry experience is a plus
- Ability to work cross functionally on a daily basis
- Familiarity with large sets of data
- Demonstrated ability to effectively apply principles of accounting in a business environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast paced environment
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Dont be! Were building the first Operating System for Global Trade. Thats why its incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- Whats freight forwarding & why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination & shipment of goods from one place to another & its what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world & break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.