At NewsCred, our mission is to help unleash the power of marketing teams by creating the worlds first marketing operating system.
We believe in teamwork, not silos. Transparency, not hoarding information. Ultimately, we believe that modern marketing organizations will run on software as the foundational, operational platform that serves as a single source of truth for all activity to centralize where work gets done, to strategically plan campaigns, to create & publish content to every channel, to collect analytics across operational efficiency & performance, & to be a critical gauge on the CMOs dashboard.
Think Jira or Basecamp for one of the last areas of the business world that doesnt have a modern operating system. Were in a race against several great competitors. We think have the lead because of our status as the worlds leader in content marketing over the last ten years, but its going to be a fun fight.
Were also an incredible culture. Take a look at our How We Work document or our Instagram account to get a taste of things. Its fun here, & you get the opportunity to learn & do more than you would anywhere else.
Learn more at newscred.com.
The HR Generalist at NewsCred should be able to execute our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support & driving HR functional excellence & process improvement. This is a growth role. The primary focus to start is on our HR benefits & systems, but as you master things, there is room to take on other parts of HR or People Operations that you find interesting. The People Ops department is responsible for the most important thing about NewsCred, its culture.
We are looking for a self-starter & problem-solver who can initiate solutions & hold a high value for collaboration & communication. This position requires a detail-oriented person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization.
A list of detailed responsibilities is below
- Being the main point of contact & administration for both employers & providers for all things benefits & HR.
- Manage payroll administration in collaboration with Finance
- Creating, maintaining, & updating our HRIS & benefits records & regularly auditing them for accuracy
- Facilitating onboarding for new hires, including reference checks, required paperwork, & system setup
- Work with outside counsel on immigration, such as VISA, US work Authorization, etc.
- Assisting with termination processes including exit interviews
- Anything else we need to do to make sure NewsCred remains a great culture
- Bachelors degree with a focus in Human Resources, Psychology or other applicable disciplines
- A minimum of 3 years of previous experience in an HR Generalist capacity
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding payroll, benefits, & employee issues
- Familiarity with common HRIS systems
- Inherent self-sufficiency, flexibility, & confidence with a preference for autonomy & self-direction to take ownership & manage activities & processes to achieve results
- An enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment with excellent relationship building abilities
- A deep commitment to organizational learning & development that encourages leadership & employees alike for improvement
- Everything we talk about in our How We Work document
- Best-in-class compensation plans & equity in the company
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest minds in the industry
- All-company Demo Day to learn about the business & catered lunches on Friday
- Our culture, which is the most important thing we offer: A place to do your best work & a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth industry. This is your company.
And of course we also have:
Great benefits, including medical, vision, dental, a 401k match, ping pong tables, & a very generous vacation policy. Come see why our culture has won numerous awards, including Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Workplaces & a spot on the 10 Best Workplaces in Advertising + Marketing for the second year in a row!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.