Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Complex Case Management Social Worker to join our Clinical Concierge team in our Tempe, Arizona office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
We are a small team of nurses & social workers who have the privilege of meeting members where they are with the goal of helping members with complex medical needs improve their health.
You are an experienced practitioner who has the desire to work both collaboratively & independently with both internal & external resources. You have excellent communication & clinical skills & are comfortable thinking outside the box to help solve your members challenges.
You will report into the Complex Case Management Lead
- Develop an outcome-based plan of care, based on the members input & assessed member clinical & social needs with anticipated targeted dates for accomplishment.
- Initiate onsite hospital visits/rounds as needed to assess patient progress & meet with appropriate members of the patient care team.
- Conduct initial in-home or facility visit to engage & educate the member (and their family/caregivers) to the Complex Case Management program.
- Conduct telephonic, in-home, or in-facility visits to monitor the members adherence to their established care plans.
- Identify & address psychosocial needs of the members & family & facilitate consultations with Social Worker & other internal & external resources.
- Masters in Social Work
- Ability to effectively communicate with compassion & understanding of members needs
- Flexibility & willingness to learn about resources/resource needs in other areas in the Country
- Experience in a Health Care setting
- Previous Case Management experience
- CCM or ACM certification
- Experience with leading or building new processes
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable & accessible for all, & apply this same vision to our perks & benefits, including: medical benefits, unlimited paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.