At Mack Weldon, were reinventing men's basics with premium fabrics, smart design, & simple shopping. We started with underwear & socks, pieces that could make our customers more comfortable every day. In seven years, weve greatly expanded our product offering, customer base, & teamand were just getting started.
Were a fairly small but fast-growing group of apparel veterans, digital marketers, creatives, engineers, & customer service experts working together in the name of comfort. And were looking for passionate, proactive, strategic, & creative problem-solvers to join us. If that sounds like you keep reading.
We are looking to hire an Accounting Analyst to join our growing Finance & Operations team. As our first Accounting Analyst, you will manage the accounts payable & accounts receivable processes while assisting with monthly close procedures, & other special accounting related projects. You will play an instrumental role in helping transform Mack Weldons financial operations from that of a small startup to a sizeable business.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Manage accounts payable process: verify invoices with vendor relationship manager; import invoices into Sage Intacct; produce weekly accounts payable report, facilitate internal approval, & pay approved invoices each week.
- Manage accounts receivable process: generate & send invoices for wholesale partners; verify payments against invoices & ensure timely payments.
- Match invoices to purchase orders & receiving documents, ensuring accuracy & approval.
- Assist with the recording of journal entries & the preparation of financial statements according to US GAAP.
- Assist with other ad hoc accounting projects.
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent with 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Understanding of General Ledger & how it flows within Financial Statements; basic knowledge of Inventory Cost, Capitalized Assets, Prepaid Expenses, & Accruals preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with various accounting software, experience with Sage Intacct or Bill.com is a plus
- Analytical mindset, data-driven, & detail oriented
- Desire to seek out & implement process improvements to drive teams efficiency
- Ability to multitask & deliver on a high volume of projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written & verbal communication skills; comfortable interacting with clients & vendors
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL
- We give a shit! - We care. Were slightly obsessive. We sweat every detail. We fight for what we think is best for Mack Weldon & our customers.
- We put our money where our mouth is - We own our words. We own our actions. We own our mistakes.
- We solve problems - You wont find us waiting around for someone else to fix a problem, if we can get our hands on it first.
- We wont sacrifice the future for a quick win - We wait for the second marshmallow.
- Its all about the people! - Relationships over transactions.
- Full insurance benefits
- Open vacation policy
- Great location in the heart of Nomad district
- Office snacks & drinks
- Thursday happy hours
- Free Mack Weldon gear