Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is looking for a very special addition to our product design team. This person has a passion for textiles from fiber to fabrication. The ideal candidate is invested in a future built around sustainable fabrics & understands old world details, future methods of fabrication, the way they come to life, & how they are integrated into modern warm home products.
Casper (Casper.com) believes everyone should sleep better. The Sleep Company has a full portfolio of obsessively engineered sleep productsincluding mattresses, pillows, bedding, & furnituredesigned in-house by the Companys award-winning R&D team at Casper Labs. In addition to its e-commerce business, Casper owns & operates Sleep Shops across North America & its products are available at a growing list of retailers.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do
- Designing fabrics from the fibre up for our mattresses, & performance products
- Specifying fabrics for sheeting programs, top of bed & utility programs (pillows, duvets & mattress covers
- Developing top of bed fabrications including blankets, comforters, quilts
- Partnering with our soft goods designers, engineers & product developers to insure brand appropriate integrity for all products employing fabric
- Primary knowledge holder at Casper for GOTS compliance & sustainable fabric research & development & voice at the table in decision making
- Team contributor in understanding composite material assembly & best practices
- Team member & contributor in developing soft seating & mattresses
- Primary contributor to the feel of a textile product.
- Specifier of materiality for development cycles & bidding process on a seasonal & longer basis
- Driver of material quality evaluation & wear-testing.
Our dream candidate has
- B or M in fiberarts, Industrial design with a specialty in Fabric, or Fabric design with a deep knowledge of Fabrication
- Work experience in a aspirational mattress or furniture brand or in a textile company specializing in home textiles
- Experience with multi tier global manufacturers dedicated to the manufacturing of home textiles including fibre, dye, weaving & knitting & cut & sew operations.
- Specific experience with sustainable fabrics
- Team player who enjoys a collaborative experience with merchants, designers, developer & engineers
- Highly organized & enjoys excellent communication skills in both specification & intercommunication
The syrup on your waffles
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging & equity so that youre part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep & fitness, credits for your favorite studios & in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Free snacks & coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join & product discounts for friends & family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!