View All Jobs
Do you have a knack for sending the right messages to the right people at the right times? Do you live to see those open & click-through rates climb higher & higher? If this sounds like you, then you may be the Lifecycle Marketing Manager we need!
Moving is one of the most universally relatable problems. Everyone has moved at least once & everyone thinks moving is painful. Updater is solving that pain at scale. Were a well funded & growth-focused company, with technology that touches nearly 50% of all household moves in the US annually, & were growing quickly.
As our Lifecycle Marketing Manager, your mission is to turn campaign ideas & testing hypotheses into action. Youll work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to drive successful strategy execution & leverage the full potential of our marketing automation platform (Iterable) to engage & nurture target segments through the entire user journey. Youll be responsible for driving engagement through all relevant channels (primarily email, push, & SMS) & by overseeing all aspects of this channel including campaign ideation, timing, content creation, segmentation, experimentation, & reporting.
This role sits on our User Engagement team a team dedicated to delivering an engaging user experience & constantly seeking to discover (and actualize!) new means of value for all users. Our ideal candidate is an omnichannel marketing wiz with extensive experience in developing campaign strategy in B2C marketing.
About the Role
- Implement strategies for key marketing initiatives by creating program plans, managing tasks & timelines, & facilitating operations to ensure successful rollouts
- Coordinate the design, customer segmentation, messaging & analytics for marketing campaigns through our marketing automation platform (Iterable)
- Develop & execute innovative solutions to enhance the user journey & support key business objectives
- Analyze performance to continuously optimize segment efficiency, targeting, creative, & frequency to drive growth
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members like product managers & data analysts to build & QA omnichannel experiments from start to finish
- Identify, implement, & track meaningful tests to improve one-off emails & journey campaigns
- Analyze & communicate results including key performance metrics
- Empathy: you strive to see the world from our users point of view in order to anticipate their needs
- Humility: you have an opinion, but arent afraid to be proven wrong, & are open to suggestions on what tool or technique is best to most efficiently solve a problem
- Strong Communication: you have optimism & a forward-looking attitude with a clear, inspiring communication style
- Comfort with Ambiguity: youre used to being asked open-ended questions & whittling them down to questions that can be answered by hard data
- At least 3-5 years of relevant omnichannel marketing experience at a Series A - D startup with a proven track record in campaign strategy & implementation in Iterable, Customer.io, ActiveCampaign, Braze, or other top-tier ESPs
- Creative & insightful problem solver; you care deeply about our users & can build detailed targeting as well as fabulous, on-brand experiences
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, specifically with product, data, & marketing operations
- Self-starter whos also comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to analyze datasets & interpret email data to optimize programs
- Ability to handle opposing priorities with tight deadlines, & communicate priorities to stakeholders
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly forward mail, transfer utilities, connect TV & internet, & much more. Thousands of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily & relocation companies) rely on Updaters real estate products to save clients hours with a branded & personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised nearly $200 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors), & more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest-rated tech company on the list, & ranked #7 in 2018. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer & will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.