Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Our mission in the Channels domain is to help small businesses grow faster & look more professional by reaching their entire audience (channel), delivering a consistent experience across mediums (engage), & understanding the return of every channel (effectiveness).
We are seeking an engineer to help us build & support features for the Channels domain. Our ideal candidate is a full-stack engineer with a deep & applied knowledge of front-end fundamentals (HTML, CSS, JS/ES), a nuanced understanding of browser behavior & interactions, & some experience working in backend development.
At Mailchimp, we value learning, collaboration & clarity. Youll find success here if you enjoy writing code, but you're aware that your job isn't only about shipping: you are a welcoming contributor who knows how to communicate with your team in order to provide great software. You've broken production environmentsand then buckled down & fixed them!
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in a software development environment, preferably building & maintaining distributed applications professionally.
- You have depth of experience in at least one modern front-end framework & can speak to its benefits (React, Vue, AngularJS, etc.)
- You have some experience in backend development (such as PHP, Python, etc.)enough that you can smoothly navigate the workings of a web application even if backend development is not your focus.
- Youre comfortable collaborating closely with product managers & designers, providing estimates or product ideas that will influence your teams roadmap.
- Youre a thoughtful communicatorthis team is partially distributed so effective written communication is key.
- You can work independently while also putting an emphasis on mentorship of those around you.
- You embrace & demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, & independence.
What you'll do:
- Develop new & enhance existing features as well as investigate & resolve defects within Mailchimps Channels team.
- Adhere to (and help improve) internal coding standards, development processes, & design best practices.
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing & leveraging peer reviews for your work & the work of cross functional teams
- Help scope, estimate, & prioritize work.
- Share your knowledge with teammates through code review, office hours, Tech Talks, & other avenues.
- Write & maintain clean, maintainable, & well-tested code for the future (and present) of the Mailchimp application.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.