Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions & consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Foursquares business solutions include Pilgrim SDK, Places API, Analytics, Placed powered by Foursquare, & Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to analyze trends; measure foot traffic lift; optimize advertising campaigns; & drive deeper engagement via Foursquares industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 150,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Tinder, TripAdvisor, Twitter & Uber. Our toolkit also includes our consumer apps Foursquare City Guide & Swarm. Over the past 10 years, weve counted more 13 billion verified signals from people around the world, helping us to keep our dynamic map & models fresh & up-to-date.
The world needs an independent location provider, & Foursquare is best positioned to be that company. Were supported by a decade of R&D & proprietary data, as well as a consumer-first heritage that shapes our approach to ethical tech. We are a close-knit team that works hard, striving to craft an experience that will touch the lives of hundreds of millions of people.
About this position:
Foursquare is hiring an East Coast Measurement salesperson to call on brands & agencies. As a Client Partner in the NYC office, you'll be responsible for driving sales by vetting, negotiating & building innovative marketing programs for Fortune 1,000 clients, built on unique consumer insights & sound practices of privacy & data security. You'll have the opportunity to contribute to our monetization efforts while working with top tier ad agencies & brands in selling Foursquares suite of ad solutions, while specializing in Foursquares Attribution solution, Placed Powered by Foursquare.
- Prospect & sell Foursquares suite of ad products into top tier brands & their ad agencies
- Elevate conversation around value of location intelligence & influence advertisers to modernize their digital strategies
- Educate stakeholders, from media planners to CMOs, on how to utilize location as part of their broader overall data strategy
- Consult with brands & their agencies on marketing challenges & needs
- Forecast, track & report sales performance
- Meet quarterly revenue targets as set by sales management
- Help shape the development of Foursquares monetization strategy as we build & iterate different marketing strategies for brands
- Work closely with members of our world class Account Management & Sales Operations teams to help provide best in-class client services & ensure performance for clients
- Travel to agencies & clients throughout your territory
- 3-5+ years experience in digital media
- Strong relationships with East coast based advertising agencies & direct clients
- Ideal candidates will have sales experience in the mobile/location space or the programmatic space (DSP, network or ad tech), & is comfortable selling clients on the value of data
- Avid & passionate Foursquare & Swarm users with an interest & desire to compete in our space
- Strategic thinker who can evangelize & sell products that may be new to marketers
- Must have proven success meeting/exceeding annual revenue goals between $2mm & $5mm
- Self-motivated, independent player with a strong track record of in-the-field sales
- Excellent communication, presentation, prioritization & organizational skills, & a strong commitment to detail
- Extremely professional & positive demeanor
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.