The Security Engineering Architect is responsible for security oversight of the architecture & engineering aspects of CLEARs environment. This position will encompass supporting security assessments of infrastructure & applications, helping define security standards, as well as developing & validating security control implementation using Agile techniques. This role will also provide security solutions around Applications, Infrastructure, Platform, & Cloud Services (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS). A successful candidate must demonstrate a history of producing effective, innovative architectural solutions on an enterprise scale. They will continually evaluate the evolving cybersecurity industry to maintain currency & understanding of the latest innovations.
What You Will Do:
- Designs security reference architectures & associated security principles to support business projects, to include necessary integration points across CLEAR, in accordance with CLEAR security standards & various applicable regulatory & compliance requirements
- Designs & develop security architectures for the public (Azure, AWS, GCP) & hybrid clouds
- Performs security reviews, identifies gaps in security architecture, & develops a security risk assessment report
- Maintains currency of new & emerging security threats, security frameworks, & regulations
- Supports assessments of critical security controls for the companys cloud-based business applications to include recommending security gap remediations based on assessments
- Builds template plans to assist with application migrations into different cloud deployment models
- Evaluate the adequacy of proposed security design & architecture & prepare design documents
- Works with CLEARs various technology organizations to choose appropriate technology solutions & facilitates complete integration into the respective environments
- Participates in the review of design principles & controls relating to third party solution providers
- Facilitates deployment orchestration & automation with a focus on security
Who You Are:
- 5+ years experience in architecting & engineering complex security solutions utilizing & interpreting models to implement company policies, standards globally
- Knowledgeable of cybersecurity audit standards/models/frameworks such as ISO27001, NIST, COBIT, DRII CBK, Six Sigma, ITIL, PCI, SOX, FDA, HIPAA, PII, etc
- Broad technical security skills in multiple areas such as applications deployments, endpoints, data, infrastructure, cloud, DNS, PKI, OS (Windows, MAC, *NIX), SDN, encryption, authentication, firewalls, proxies, identity & access control, BC/DR, remote access, & cryptography
- Demonstrated experience utilizing one or more cloud technologies such as Azure, AWS, or GCP
- Ability to engage with Executive Management, Legal, Risk, 3rd-party, & IT teams
- Ability to manage enterprise scale security tool deployment projects from planning to production implementation
- Ability to assess existing security tools using the CIS CSC, identify control gaps & periodically evaluating the effectiveness of the security controls in production
- Ability to conduct threat modeling of for newly deployed application infrastructure to uncover any potential security threats & vulnerabilities in the system prior to implementation
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to work & maintain currency in a changing landscape
- Ability to develop & document methods, standards, & guidelines.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Undergraduate-level in Computer Science/Cybersecurity or equivalent professional experience
- CISSP and/or CCSP preferred
How You'll be Rewarded:
At CLEAR we help YOU move forward - because when youre at your best, were at our best. Youll work with talented team members who are motivated by our mission of making experiences safer & easier. Our hybrid work environment provides flexibility. In our offices, youll enjoy benefits like meals & snacks. We invest in your well-being & learning & development with our stipend & reimbursement programs.
We offer holistic total rewards, including comprehensive healthcare plans, family building benefits (fertility & adoption/surrogacy support), flexible time off, free OneMedical memberships for you & your dependents, & a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match. The base salary range for this role is $225,000-275,000, depending on levels of skills & experience.
The base salary range represents the low & high end of CLEARs salary range for this position. Salaries will vary depending on various factors which include, but are not limited to location, education, skills, experience & performance. The range listed is just one component of CLEARs total compensation package for employees & other rewards may include annual bonuses, commission, Restricted Stock Units
Have you ever had that green-light feeling? When you hit every green light & the day just feels like magic. CLEAR's mission is to create frictionless experiences where every day has that feeling. With more than 13+ million passionate members & hundreds of partners around the world, CLEARs identity platform is transforming the way people live, work, & travel. Whether its at the airport, stadium, or right on your phone, CLEAR connects you to the things that make you, you - unlocking easier, more secure, & more seamless experiences - making them all feel like magic.