As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Under the direction of & reporting to an Internal Audit IT VP, incumbent will lead the design, development & execution of Internal Audit's (IA) innovation activities including process & operations optimization, continuous auditing, analytics, & agile auditing techniques to enhance IA's ability to assess risks, improve assurance, & provide deeper insights. This role leverages the incumbent's comprehensive audit knowledge & experience to implement leading audit practices. This position requires a high degree of flexibility to lead audit innovation projects focused on improving efficiency, effectiveness & productivity.
Responsibilities include ensuring high professional standards as set forth in Internal Audit's Charter & IIA Professional Standards, & the identification of leading IA practices & driving the implementation, working with & / or supervising a team of up to six multi-disciplined audit (and co-sourced) professionals. Exhibit soundness of judgment & accuracy in all work. Demonstrate ability to understand & train others in leading IA practices. Strong communication & project management skills & working knowledge of leading audit & risk management practices are essential qualifications for this role. Regulatory experience is highly preferred.
- Maintain awareness of leading IA practices across the industry & peer institutions, & ensure IA leadership & practitioners are working towards implementing relevant innovation.
- Coordinate with innovation leaders throughout Visa to ensure IA is aware of initiatives that might be incorporated into IA.
- Possess outstanding written & oral communication skills & demonstrate these skills to the appropriate level of Visa & Audit management. Ideas should be expressed clearly & concisely.
- Promote innovative new ideas & new ways of executing projects & internal infrastructure enhancements. Demonstrate commitment to Visa's & Internal Audit's strategic vision, be a self-starter, & promote project ownership & responsibility for actions.
- Interact with Audit project team members in working towards Departmental goals.
- Demonstrate ability to resolve team conflicts & bring group together to enhance project results through group planning, feedback & development skills.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of overall business issues. Understand Company structure & functional responsibility & align IA innovation with Visa-wide strategy & objectives.
- Interact with the senior technology client leaders & the Audit Leadership Team to offer consultation & ensure quality control of Audit Department practices.
- Coordinate & lead the execution of selected complex projects in areas of specialization & expertise.
- Provide ongoing coaching to Audit professionals of various levels & experience.
- Prepare performance evaluations for auditors.
- Assist audit management with reporting by providing data relevant to completed projects & any related observations.
For Special Projects, as assigned:
- Participate in activities related to systems development, new products, mergers & acquisitions, & analyze new policies to ensure that control considerations are evaluated in the early stages of these activities.
- Provide control consulting services to management to assist in redesign efforts that improve the control environment.
- Envision methods to apply innovative techniques to enhance Audit's policies, procedures & methodologies to improve Audit's effectiveness in achieving its Charter.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field.
- 10+ years of internal audit experience, preferably with a large financial institution, or Big 4 assurance experience.
- CIA, CPA, CISA, CISSP, OpenFAIR or other relevant professional certification highly desired.
- Demonstrated experience managing audits within a complex operational & regulatory environment that includes mainframe, distributed & network technology platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in developing continuous auditing programs & related KPI's as well as procedures to address risks on a more timely basis.
- Strong sense of teamwork, & capable of building consensus & collaboration across team members.
- Strong in project management, project implementation, & cross-team networking & coordination.
- Proven ability to multi-task & meet aggressive targets in a high-energy & fast-paced environment.
- Experience in managing a staff of diverse professionals.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel domestically & internationally approximately 10-25%.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.