HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, & security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines & virtual machines, Windows, & Linux, SaaS & IaaS, etc.
About the role...
The Consul SE Specialist is responsible for driving awareness & sales of our service networking solution, Consul. The SE Specialist will work with their EAM Specialist counterpart to formulate & execute a Consul sales strategy within an assigned region, drive revenue growth by penetrating the current customer base, & develop new customers in the enterprise space. The specialist will carry a quota for Consul product sales within their region & work in partnership with the existing account-owning Enterprise Account Managers, Solutions Engineers, & sales leaders.
By working in a high performance team environment, the specialist will drive Consul business development & sales growth by providing technical expertise around application delivery specifically in the context of multiple technical (development. operations, & security) & executive audiences.
In this role you can expect to...
- Engage new & existing Consul open source users to demonstrate how they can be more successful with our service networking solution by solving service discovery, network iInfrastructure automation, & service mesh challenges
- Lead as a Consul expert in development operations to the sales team & technical lead on strategic client relationships in large financial Services, healthcare, web, retail & other industry verticals
- Align with EAMs, SEs, front line leadership, & lead pre-sales engineering activities including account/opportunity planning, demand generation, discovery & qualification, technical & business validation, & success planning
- Engage in SE-led outbound demand generation activity making use of the tools available (enablement/education via workshops, health checks, etc.)
- Provide expert guidance on development operations (DevOps) concepts with strong skill sets in infrastructure architecture, cloud, IT operations, security, & development technologies & processes
- Establish & maintain a deep understanding of Consul, the overall HashiCorp technology portfolio, & the competitive landscape
- Work closely with key client executive decision makers on product evaluations to ensure the solutions/products meets client business objectives
points in Development, IT Operations, & Network Operations
- Align the value of the overall HashiCorp solution to the customers business needs, challenges, & technical requirements
- Articulate & evangelize the vision & positioning of both the company & products, & secure strategic commercial commitments
- Regular domestic air travel required
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- Significant technical pre-sales / Solutions Engineering experience or equivalent
- B.S. degree in an engineering or similar program from an accredited college/university preferred or equivalent experience (practitioners welcome)
- Proficiency in understanding concepts & technologies in DevOps, IT operations, security, cloud, microservices, containers, distributed systems, & scheduling platforms
- Proficiency and/or knowledge of existing HashiCorp tools such as Vagrant, Packer, Terraform, Consul, Nomad, Vault & others
- Experience/familiarity with service discovery solutions such as Consul, etcd, Zookeeper, etc.
- Experience/familiarity with networking middleware solutions provided by companies such as F5, NGINX, Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, etc.
- Experience/familiarity with service mesh control plane/data plane solutions such as Consul, Istio, Linkerd, Envoy, NGINX, HAProxy, etc.
- Experience with implementing software products or solutions to large & dynamic enterprise companies
- Experience in open source software business models & proficiency in cloud, infrastructure, & networking software
- Experience selling disruptive technology into focused markets
HashiCorp embraces diversity & equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, & skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI- AS1