What's next in music is first on SoundCloud. As the worlds largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners & curators who share, discover & influence whats new, now & next in music & audio.
The Revenue Operations team mission is to scale advertising revenue, through the establishment of long-term, strategic relationships with exclusive reseller partners. We work alongside our partners to solve client business goals & challenges through mutually beneficial ideas & measurable results. Were seeking a Director, Global Partnerships to support our global advertising business.
The primary responsibility of the Director, Global Partnerships is to lead efforts in scaling SoundClouds global advertising business with primary focus on our direct partnership with Pandora in the US, SoundClouds largest ad reseller partner. He/she will maintain senior level partner management across all global territories, manage daily workflow & drive RFP efforts, oversee the development of sales materials, meet & manage revenue expectations, & ensure sales & reporting processes are established & maintained. This role will report into the VP, Partner Management.
The Director, Global Partnerships will lead a team responsible for partnering with reseller partners to develop persuasive custom advertising solutions for brand partners. In tandem with our partners, you will be responsible for influencing customer conversations through strategic storytelling, actionable insights & creative ideas for positive growth & relationship outcomes. You will advise clients on SoundClouds broad range of advertising solutions online & offline to help them build custom, integrated programs that achieve their objectives & connect seamlessly with their audiences.
- Lead & grow a sales strategy team to deliver results in quality & efficiency
- Maintain senior-level partner management with global reseller organizations
- Lead internal strategy discussions with cross-functional teams (e.g., Marketing, Artist Relations, Product) to develop integrated marketing programs
- Optimize overall sales processes, promote cross-functional partnership & buy-in, & ensure smooth cross-team communication, all while reducing friction & identifying any potential conflicts of interest across the global team
- Interpret revenue & productivity data in depth, identifying risks & developing solutions
- Partner with reseller sales teams to develop competitive, persuasive sales solutions, & integrated marketing programs to meet/exceed Brand & Agency objectives & drive revenue
- Identify, design, & implement processes that support the business by increasing efficiency, collaboration, stakeholder alignment, & cost reduction
- Proactively monitor & strive to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, & process consistency in reseller & team planning efforts, working to make forecasting more accurate
- Negotiation & maintenance of contracts either partner, tech, or vendor related
- 8+ years relevant experience in sales strategy and/or sales operations
- 4+ years relevant experience of people managing & individual/team development
- 2+ years in programmatic sales and/or operations
- Experience with OMS & collaboration tools
- Knowledge in privacy compliance, GDPR/CCPA, ad tech preferred
- Highly team-oriented with a collaborative spirit
- Ability to build strong working relationships with internal team members & partners
- Exceptional analytical & problems-solving ability
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Highly proactive, solution-oriented, autonomous & resourceful
- Detail-oriented & ability to excel in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- LOVE OF MUSIC