Enable Flexport to become the most trusted company in global trade
Flexport is looking for Product Security Engineers to help Flexport establish itself as the most trusted company in the global trade ecosystem. As a Product Security Engineer, you have a deep understanding of product development & strategy, & are able to quickly identify & communicate security risks to diverse audiences while offering alternative solutions.
What youll do:
- Build strong relationships with product managers & champion security by design.
- Lead security engineering review for new product features & enhancements.
- Engage in domain-specific threat modeling & attack surface analysis/reduction
- Develop security services consumed by product teams across our global infrastructure.
- Evangelize security across the product & engineering organizations.
- Collaborate with internal product & engineering stakeholders on addressing systemic security issues.
- Define Security Architecture for Flexport products & services, & assist with the planning & implementation of risk mitigating security solutions
- Partner with Security PMO to drive the security champions & product security training programs.
- Work closely with cross functional teams to conceive security strategies & features that will help keep Flexports customer data safe.
What youll need:
- 8+ years of security engineering experience supporting product development & engineering teams in a fast-paced global environment.
- 4+ years of software development experience building security tools in languages such as Go, Java, Python, or Ruby.
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD & automation tools
- Identity management & identity federation (SAML, Oauth, SCIM, XACML)
- Experience performing code audits on internal & open source libraries for inclusion in our products.
- Experience with IaaS cloud infrastructure, Kubernetes, containers, & service-oriented architectures.
- Excellence in problem-solving, strategic thinking, & collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills & ability to connect with empathy when delivering constructive feedback regarding security matters to engineers & product designers.
Where youll work:
Our flagship office is on Market Street in San Francisco, but we also have engineering teams working out of our locations in Chicago & Bellevue. Remote work is also possible from CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA. As a truly global company, we dont let geography slow us down. We rotate hack-a-thons & move Flexporters all around the world.
Investing your time with Flexport means having immediate impact, all over the world. Youre empowered to do whats best for everyone & trusted to make the right decisions when & where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs & improve the worlds experience in global trade.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make it easy & accessible for everyone. Were shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology & exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, were experiencing record growth & are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions & people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, & the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.