Flexport is a platform for global trade. We are a licensed freight forwarder & customs brokerage built around a modern technology stack. We help some of the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
As a result of our global expansion, we're looking for a Warehouse Manager for Flexport in the New York Metro area to join our growing team to manage all aspects related to our local warehousing sites. Salivating at the thought of building relationships while streamlining the inefficient industry of global trade? Keep reading!
- Serve as the face of Flexport for our clients - you succeed when they do;
- Implement & drive process strategies & improvements for all warehouse operations & freight movements;
- Help source & setup long-term warehousing footprint that you will eventually oversee;
- Assist in developing & utilizing proprietary software across the Flexport warehouse network;
- Work closely with Flexport global operations teams & serve as local escalation focal point for clients & partners;
- Continuously identify & execute on logistics & supply chain solutions focused on user experience & customer outcomes;
- Hire, train, & develop warehouse floor staff;
- Ensure compliance with appropriate governmental regulations & company policies.
You should have:
- BA/BS Degree;
- 5 years of prior experience in Logistics, Warehousing, Freight Forwarding, Supply Chain or Consulting;
- Strategic thinking & ground floor execution - no job is too big or too small;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, & organizational skills;
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed;
- The desire to lead, train, & develop up & coming industry talent;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic & reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers & their logistics partners with the technology & services to grow & innovate. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.