If youre looking for an exciting new challenge with a team that is passionate about & committed to helping small businesses succeed, then this is the place for you! With offices in the nation's fastest-growing cities: New York, Austin, & Denver, Signpost hires only the best talent to launch our organization to the next level. Our unique company culture at Signpost creates a dynamic environment for anyone who is passionate about People Operations & making an impact as we grow & scale. Were backed by some of the smartest investors out there (HighBar & Georgian Partners) & our business is taking off! We are looking for talented, passionate & autonomous but collaborative self-starters who are looking for an exciting challenge at a place where they can learn, grow & have true ownership.
As the HR Payroll & Benefits Specialist at Signpost, youll have the opportunity to significantly contribute to the People Operations space while also supporting our small but rapidly growing team. Utilizing HR processes & benefits/payroll strategies, your focus will be to help continually build out these functions as our teams grow & scale. Youll work hand-in-hand with our HR & finance teams, as well as leaders across all departments to be a Signpost brand ambassador & a liaison on payroll & benefits support throughout the employee life cycle.
As the HR Payroll & Benefits Specialist at Signpost, you will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day administration & support of all payroll, benefits, stock options & retirement programs across the company in partnership with our HR & Finance teams. This includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- & long-term disability (STD/LTD), stock options & 401(k) plans with the opportunity to learn & grow with a dynamic team. This role will also focus on the overall employee experience by building strong relationships with employees & managers to lend support in these areas. In addition, the position will closely manage our HRIS system (Paycom), including accuracy of data & record keeping, relationships with our brokers, vendors & team members of all levels across New York, Austin & Denver.
- Manage & ensure the accuracy of all payroll, on-boarding/off-boarding, status changes & benefits enrollments in the HRIS (Paycom) to provide vendors & employees with accurate information. This includes setting new hires up in the system, tracking & managing all changes on a standing basis.
- Serve as lead point of contact on HRIS administration & accuracy of our employee records for our Signpost team, including heavy reporting pulling across departments, data accuracy for audits, HR/Finance analyses & more.
- Administer payroll processing on a semi-monthly basis across our Signpost team for both salaried & hourly employees, as well as for monthly commissions, employee referral bonuses & salary adjustments. Experience with time card tracking, FLSA regulations & payroll administration for exempt & non-exempt employees required.
- Assist with new hire orientations, including benefits enrollment & HR support needs.
- Perform quality benefits-related & 401K/5500 audits with vendors (Alliant/Cigna) & finance on a quarterly basis. This also includes supporting HR Director with EEOC reporting & compliance audits.
- Enroll employees with benefit vendors & processes life status changes. Assist employees regarding benefits claim issues & plan changes.
- Manage/lead first point of contact relationship with our benefit brokers & providers, partners with HR Director on key findings, benefit trends & strategic HR initiatives.
- Respond to payroll & benefits inquiries from managers & employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes & other general inquiries. This includes stock options & 401(k) inquiries along with questions on timesheets/payroll.
- Process & administer all leave-of-absence requests & disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability & FMLA. Effectively interprets FMLA, STD, LTD & ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/ disabilities.
- Assist with the Annual Benefits/Open Enrollment process/administration - experience working on benefits enrollment, plan designs & administration is a plus.
- Provide necessary reports for allocation/ billing charges, data/file feeds, audits & monthly headcount.
- Manage monthly promotions, approvals & employee status changes in paycom (including title changes, salary adjustments, team & supervisor changes etc).
- Manage unemployment insurance claims, garnishments & stock grant administration.
- Lead Stock Option projects, audits & administration for on-boarding, promotions, off-boarding across our Signpost team in partnership with our finance team.
- Administer PTO & time-off requests & policies in partnership with managers, employees & the HR team. This is to be managed in the HRIS system, but also taking lead on general HR inquires & leading trainings in some cases may be required.
- Manage all data input for HRIS (Paycom) for monthly promotions, graduations, team changes.Audit administration for all benefit partners (BRI, Cigna, AXA, HSA, Eye-Med, Alliant).
- Support year-end benefits, payroll & tax required reporting.
- Strong knowledge of HRIS, Payroll & Benefits administration (Experience working with Paycom is a huge plus)!
- Great Communication/follow-through ability to work with team members of all levels.
- Ability to lead strong relationship management with our vendors, HR & Finance teams & employees.
- Ethical Practice in payroll & benefits management for employees.
- Detail orientated with a passion for working with data & conducting HR/Finance Analyses to drive solutions.
- 2+ years of HR experience administering payroll, benefits, HRIS management.