Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
We are seeking an engineer to help us build & support features for the Mailchimp app. You can expect to develop new & existing features with a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, & quality assurance. You will collaborate with others to optimize our development process & feature development.
You enjoy putting your head down & writing code, but you're aware that your job isn't done when that code gets deployed: you also enjoy working with support, product, ops, & other teams to keep applications healthy & users happy. You prefer using proven technologies to solve interesting new problems. You've broken production environmentsand then buckled down, fixed them & maybe you held a blameless post-mortem about it!
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in a software development environment, with capability in back-end development and/or depth of experience with at least one modern front-end framework (React, Vue, AngularJS, etc.)
- You have experience driving technical projects, prioritizing work, identifying dependencies, facilitating technical decisions & cross-functional team discussions.
- Youre experienced in designing & implementing application architectures & code that are highly scalable, available, maintainable, & performant.
- You can work independently while also putting an emphasis on mentorship of those around you.
- Youre comfortable collaborating closely with product managers & designers, providing estimates or product ideas that will influence your teams roadmap.
- Youre a thoughtful communicatorsome teams are partially or fully distributed so effective written communication is key.
What you'll do:
- Set technical direction & own the architecture & implementation of features.
- Provide guidance & assist in helping knock down walls & clear path towards work completion.
- Lead a group of engineers & cross-functional team members in the implementation of new & existing features.
- Provide clear & concise communication regarding feature development statuses to the team & stakeholders.
- Plan, supervise & manage releases for the work the squad is performing.
- Empower team members - including other developers as well as Technical Support & QA - through technical mentoring, contributions to the teams documentation, libraries, & providing automation for manual tasks where appropriate.
- Define & adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, & design best practices.
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing & leveraging peer reviews for your work & the work of cross functional teams.
- Help scope, estimate, & prioritize work.
- Embrace & demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, & independence.
- Write & maintain clean, maintainable, & well-tested code for the future (and present) of the Mailchimp application.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Brooklyn & are happy to have a small but growing office with sunlight & views in the heart of Brooklyn Heights. We're centrally located at Cadman Plaza/Borough Hall, a short walk to the Brooklyn Promenade & within a few blocks of 9 subway lines (2, 3, 4, 5, N, A, C, F & R lines).
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), & generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.