WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data & technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster & smarter, & ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings. Our state of the art technologies & dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 210 in just over eight years.
The mission of Real Estate & Development (RedTech) is to enable our teams across real estate, architecture, design, construction, & project management with the most up to date technology. Our technology allows for a better ability to source new deals, close those deals, design & build more efficiently, & manage the construction process end to end. We're supporting the core business here in RedTech & would love to have you on the team!
- Contribute technical design & systems architecture of services & applications for across the organization
- Initiate & drive complex cross-team initiatives, bringing in resources as necessary from other squads, product areas, & departments as required
- Partner & interface with peer engineering teams & stakeholders
- Partner with senior leadership to improve process & culture across engineering
- Partner with product management to lead technical requirements gathering discussions with customers
- Ensure execution alignment with engineering, product, design, etc
- Drive & partner on technical standards, hiring practices, & other efforts to raise the quality bar for WeWork Technology
- Advocate WeWork's practices & brand
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science. Master degree preferred
- Minimum 7+ years of experience building highly available critical systems
- Experience owning & driving process & architecture for
- Expert knowledge in Java server technologies
- Proven experience in demonstrating clear architecture skills at a multi-system level
- Proven experience writing scalable, high-performant & clean code
- Experience driving technical excellence & engineering practices
- Knowledge of designing & developing platform level components including events architectures, messaging, & caching. (JSM, ActiveMQ, Apache Kafka, etc.)
- Deep understanding of Amazon Web Services including ECS, CloudFormation, IAM, etc.
- Experience with Docker
- Proficiency with JPA or Hibernate & ability to write SQL queries
- Proficiency with Spring MVC & Spring Boot
- Experience with Agile methodologies
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.