Extreme weather events including tornadoes, windstorms, hurricanes, blizzards, floods & droughts are having an increasingly significant financial toll on the insurance industry. For example, in the US alone in 2018 there were 14 weather related disasters that beyond significant impact to human lives resulted in losses of at least 1 billion dollars each with total loss & economic impact of several hundred billion! There is an increasing opportunity for insurance firms to utilize AccuWeather unique capabilities to help minimize the impact of weather events on their insured book of business through innovative partnerships. This position, developing such partnerships, is on the cutting edge of insurance innovation, weather risk mitigation & strategic business development.
Who You Are
Reporting to the Vice President of Business Services - the Director, Partner Business Development uses a network of contacts & experience in the insurance industry to develop strategic relationships with partners to expand sales channels with the goal of driving increased sales & revenue while helping partner companies reduce weather risk, limit claims & enhance customer service among many other benefits. This position owns the partnering strategies & relationship development with partner companies & also aligns partner product integrations with AccuWeather Enterprise Solutions established capabilities & product roadmap. As such, this position will work collaboratively with multiple parts of AccuWeathers expanding & successful Business Services team including executive leadership, sales, product, marketing & information technology.
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop, gain approval for & implement overall AccuWeather Enterprise Solutions partnering strategy within insurance & other identified verticals.
- Coordinate with the AES sales team so that sales opportunities involving the partners are pursued, proposed & closed.
-Deliver & coordinate roadmaps between AccuWeather Enterprise Solutions & our partners to ensure differentiation, technology adoption & enhancement with the partners technologies.
- Assist the VP of Sales & the VP of Business Services to initiate partnerships within insurance vertical which create & accelerate incremental revenue through the partnerships while delivering unique value to partner companies.
-The point person & expert within AccuWeather Enterprise Solutions when engaging with strategic partners.
- Actively participate in insurance industry conferences & events in order to stay current with product innovations in the industry & how AccuWeather unique solutions could tie into those developments, creating new opportunities.
-Evangelize AccuWeather Enterprise Solutions within the partner organization & drive engagement at an executive, marketing & sales level.
-Develop, in conjunction with each partner, an overall business plan for achieving desired outcomes for both companies. Track progress & work with partner to adjust plan as needed to ensure success. Ensure that partners conform to their respective contracts.
-Work with the AccuWeather Enterprise Solutions marketing team in conjunction with the partners to plan, develop & deliver AccuWeather Enterprise Solutions participation in the
demand generation marketing activities.
Experience We Are Looking For
- Extensive experience working within the insurance industry, especially property & casualty insurance, for at least 10 years, including a comprehensive network of contacts.
- Demonstrated passion for building innovative partnerships which generate significant revenue & profit as well as contribute unique value to both companies.
- Bachelors degree in business or similar discipline or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Minimum of five years experience with Enterprise, large corporation business & strategic partnership development including ideating, building & expanding successful partnerships.
- Strong communication & presentation skills are required.
- Demonstrated success in presenting & working with senior management internal & external to the organization.
- Significant experience with innovative technology solutions including Software as a service (SaaS) solutions.
- Experience & confidence in contract negotiation is required.
- Previous experience in utilizing weather data is helpful.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity & inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging & profitable.