Pluralsight proudly creates the creators of tomorrow: the people who develop the technology that lifts the human condition. We do this through the tech industry's leading learning platform for serious Developer, IT, & Creative professionals. Our team of 700+ innovators & disruptors are serving over 1M users in 150+ countries to conquer the tech skills gap.
PaaS is a startup within Pluralsight. The team is responsible for unlocking the data that exist on our platform & sharing them via services that are reliable, scalable, & secure. We also build bi-directional connectors & integrations for other core systems & tools like Tableau, Workday, & VSCode. The PaaS team is entrepreneurial & partners with nearly all other product experience teams (PXTs) to expand the impact of their product beyond app.pluralsight.com.
You'd be a great fit if you have:
- Experience designing, building, or supporting high performance distributed systems.
- Experience designing, building, or supporting self-service platforms.
- Experience building software with Node.
- Experience working with tools supporting Data-in-motion (e.g. Kafka, Akka, Spark Streaming, etc).
- Experience working on and/or a demonstrable understanding of messaging/queuing systems or stream processing systems.
- Experience writing unit tests, performing code reviews, & leading/participating in design discussions about architecture, data shape, & business logic.
- A foundational understanding & experience with topics related to platform scale, security, availability, deployment & operations.
- A supportive & engaged team member, able to express complex information to a variety of consumers.
- Able to problem solve independently & prioritize work based on anticipated business value.
- Able to distill complex ideas into straight forward language.
- Passionate about data, innovation, & using technology to unlock the future.
And these would be nice to have, as well:
- Experience in data modeling and/or data architectures
- Experience with database & query performance tuning
- Experience solving analytical business problems using data.
Ways we work:
- Software Craftsmanship - we want to be proud of our work. come to utahsc.org
- Test-Driven Development - we take responsibility for our code without QA engineers
- Pair programming - we value collaborative development
- Continuous Delivery - teams independently ship code to prod every day
- Kanban & Lean - no more backlog grooming, no more T-shirt size estimating
- Continual improvement - we take time to sharpen the saw & adjust how we work
- Autonomous & responsible teams - making their own product & dev choices
- Cross-functional teams - collaborating through all phases of the product dev process
- Customer research - we build what our customers actually want
- Trusting leaders - who trust us to create & don't impose deadlines or features
- Solid technology - of the team's choice, for the right job
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 & trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations & individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft & take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles & become scalable, reliable & secure. We come to work everyday knowing we're helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don't let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us & our values are at the helm of how we work together. It's our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We're adults, & we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics & trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, & peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds & experiences, & united by our mission, we are one.
Be yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.