Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients & suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3BN from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Softbank. Our non-dilutive capital products empower businesses to grow & bridge their working capital needs while maintaining ownership & control. As a start-up within a start-up, were developing unique fintech products that leverage the resources & data of Flexports platform for global trade.
We're looking for a Credit Senior Associate for Flexport Capital, our rapidly-growing working capital lending business that is transforming trade finance & international payment processing. You will lead credit decision-making & frameworking, improve & automate our underwriting practices, & develop new financing products.
- Learn about trade finance & work with an top notch team of go-getters all driving towards a common vision: helping drive innovations in financing global trade
- Work in a collaborative team performing credit underwriting & risk management capabilities to help improve our risk management & decision quality
- Underwrite daily deal flow, monitor on-going credit performance, & engage in risk mitigations
- Evaluate the merits & risks of companies across a broad range of industries
You should have:
- 3+ years experience in investment banking or experience underwriting middle market businesses & structuring credit transactions (both secured & unsecured)
- Genuine desire to learn credit analysis & proactive approach to asking questions & developing skills
- Experience managing a portfolio of clients, leading in credit reviews, & drive to win over customers via workouts & collections, if necessary
- Ability to lead cross-functional initiatives, collaborate across business lines, & present to C-level executives
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven, self-motivated, & able to manage multiple tasks under tight timelines
- Strong attention to detail; highly organized; excellent verbal & written communication skills
- BA/BS; degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, or Finance strongly preferred, MBA, CFA a plus
- Microsoft Excel skills & advanced knowledge of Office Suite; Pitchbook, CapitalIQ, & Bloomberg a plus
- Experience in data analytics a plus but not required (i.e. SQL, Tableau, Looker)
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make it easy & accessible for everyone. Were shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology & exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, were experiencing record growth & are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions & people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, & the environment? Come join us.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.