Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about architecting technical solutions to support our business processes, data, & users to achieve business outcomes.
We are looking for a Business Systems Architect with experience in architecting & designing technology solutions to support our Sales, Marketing, Customer Support, Finance, Accounting, Legal, & Human Resources business processes & data architecture. Partnering & collaborating with our IT Business Solutions teams & business stakeholders to ensure alignment of enterprise processes, data, technology roadmaps & business vision. Although experience with all end to end business processes & functions is preferred, extensive experience in architecting solutions to support our Sales, Marketing, & Customer Support functions is a must.
As the Business Systems Architect you will be expected to gain a deep understanding of our business goals, objectives, processes, & vision. You will be responsible for developing & maintaining the technology solution reference architecture along with architectural deliverables for managing the organization's portfolio of "to be" & "as is" solutions to enable business outcomes. Working with our business stakeholders & Business Systems teams you will provide leadership, analysis & design tasks related to support the development of technology solutions to ensure that solutions meet business needs & align with architectural governance & standards.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Develop & communicate a roadmap for the evolution of the application portfolio from current to future state.
- Partner with business owners & SME's in translating business & technical requirements into architectural blueprints to achieve business objectives.
- Lead analysis & documentation of current state business systems technology architecture, interfaces, processes, data, & dependencies. Lead vision definition for future state architecture based on enterprise business & IT strategy.
- Ensure that solution architecture supports realization of technology investment. Understand & leverage existing technology investments, & when appropriate, make the business & technical case for a new investment.
- Engage with the Business Systems Portfolio process, developing required documents, leading presentations & facilitation of review discussions, including any follow-up action items & requested modifications to proposed solution architecture.
- Challenge the implementation teams in adherence to architectural intent.
- Analyze business applications & detect critical deficiencies, technical debt, & provide recommendations for improvement to the Business Systems Teams.
- Facilitate the evaluation & selection of software product standards & services, as well as the design of standard & custom software configurations.
- Support product/service owners with product decisions to maintain, refresh or retire products, services or systems.
- Work closely with product & service owners to ensure a robust architectural runway that can support future business requirements throughout the product lifecycle.
- Provide consulting support & mentorship to technical delivery teams.
- Ensure compliance of solutions with IT standards, company & regulatory security requirements
What Well Expect From You:
- Architecture experience with SalesForce.com CRM technologies
- Experience with Middleware solutions & integration architectures
- Experience in Sales, Marketing, & Customer Support processes ability to quickly learn how these functions work within the company
- Strong communication skills including concise writing, creation of slide decks & presenting in front of groups
- Strong organizational skills
- Engaging personality & cultural fit that espouses DigitalOcean corporate values
- Demonstrated aptitude to quickly understand business processes & technologies.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This position may be done in NYC or Remote (but not in CO due to local CO job posting requirements)