Quick Take: Axios is a new digital media company that wants to make the world smarter, faster by providing them with high quality news & information across politics, technology, politics, & media. We're hiring a Freelance Product Designer!
Why it Matters: This person will be working with our lead designer to create solutions across products & projects for both desktop & mobile. As a contributor in the creative process, you will help with all aspects of the product development lifecycle. This includes everything from research & synthesizing ideas to design & implementation.
Go Deeper: The designer will play an integral role in communicating design decisions across the team & organization to help execute product vision. They should know how to use their voice to advocate for users & how to creatively approach constraints while remaining flexible in a constantly evolving environment.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody a collaborative & entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios mission & have the following skills:
- Experience collaborating with product managers, engineers, editors, user researchers & business stakeholders
- Experience rapidly creating designs on high priority business-related projects
- Comfortable working in a fast paced & dynamic work environment
- Experience working on mobile & desktop experiences
- Experience building prototypes is a plus
- Ability to communicate design decisions across the team & organization
- Ability to synthesize user needs, editorial needs, & business needs into a compelling product experience