Pivotal offers a modern approach to technology that organizations need to thrive in a new era of business innovation. Our solutions intersect cloud, big data & agile development, creating a framework that increases data leverage, accelerates application delivery, & decreases costs, while providing enterprises the speed & scale they need to compete.
At Pivotal (www.pivotal.io), you can tackle the most challenging problems, unleash amazing opportunities, & build technologies that have real impact to business, people & the world.
Pivotal is seeking a Business Development Executive with enterprise sales exposure & at least 1+ years of experience. You will be driving pre-sales activities for Pivotal's complete offering of great new products including Cloud Foundry, Big Data solutions, analytics, & more! The ideal candidate has a passion, general experience & knowledge software solutions specifically in data & cloud technology
- Capable of quickly learning new software product(s) & clearly communicate the value proposition
- Develop & execute territory account plans to achieve & exceed quota responsibility
- Prospecting clients into target accounts
- Generating & qualifying leads
- Consistently build & deliver an accurate pipeline via Salesforce.com (SFDC)
- Able to develop strong relationships with key decision makers, influencers & partners within identified territory
- Provide baseline research within targeted accounts to identify key contacts & critical account information prior to prospecting call
- Driving attendance for events & conferences
- Must speak German/ English
- 1+ years of successful business development or sales with focus on enterprise technology & solutions
- Proven track record of developing pipeline through new customer acquisition
- Successful track record pre-sale activities promoting enterprise solutions
- Ability to establish relationships with C-level clients, business & technical buyers, & key project stakeholders.
- Successfully sell the business value vs. product is key
- Ability to clearly articulate your point of view in professional manner
- Possess entrepreneurial spirit or worked in a fluid (start- up) environment
- Experience working with a team of professionals in sales campaigns that include field AEs, SEs, Marketing, Services, etc.
- Bachelors degree required
- Pre-Selling one or more of the following products a plus but not required: Middleware, Analytics, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence & or Hadoop Big Data
- Team player, self motivated & able to take ownership on the assigned task(s)
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.