About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBCs Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, the company has raised more than $210 million from top-tier investors & built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable & high-growth business, with a loyal 9 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. Weve built proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - & we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build & scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
Rent the Runway is looking for a highly skilled analytical & innovative Product Manager to join our operations team. At Rent the Runway, were building the worlds largest reverse-logistics fulfillment network to create the ultimate closet in the cloud. Our proprietary platform, built entirely in house, powers the customer journey & enables us to provide every customer with a Cinderella experience. While our operation is highly complex, the customer experience must be completely seamless as we deliver every order on time for the most important moments in our customers lives.
As a Product Manager within our operations group, your roadmap will include both large scale, long term initiatives backed by multi-million dollar investments balanced with shorter term optimizations. Youll obsess about the efficiency of our reverse logistics & order fulfillment flows while bringing innovative ideas to the team as we continue to scale.
The successful candidate will communicate effectively across teams & levels, while balancing the needs & requirements of internal & external customers. You must be self-directed with the ability to work autonomously & as part of a team. Flexibility, relentless prioritization & the ability to design for scale in a changing business environment will make you successful in our results oriented, collaborative environment.
- Lead requirements & design for Rent the Runways next generation supply chain that increases speed & accuracy of delivery, lowers costs, & drives scale through an expanding network of fulfillment centers & stores
- Translate business strategies into product strategies, prioritized roadmaps, & product specifications that deliver customer benefits, enhance network capacity & meet financial goals
- Ensure that systems & processes are positioned to scale for explosive growth
- Partner with key stakeholders to define requirements, lead user acceptance testing, drive adoption, & communicate roadmaps across the organization
- Analyze data to drive product decisions, measure results, & deliver actionable insights that improve operations & the customer experience
- Translate business goals into product strategies, roadmaps, & specifications that deliver customer benefits & meet financial goals
- Champion operations across the organization through your detailed knowledge of our systems & processes
- Synthesize coherent product requirements that provide clarity, focus & prioritization to complex problems
- Break projects into attainable milestones & lead cross-functional teams
- Own the product roadmap & drive enhancements from inception through launch
- Partner with rock star engineering teams in a fast paced, agile development process
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for disruption
- Analytical thinker capable of breaking complex problems down to their constituent parts
- Fearless leader & diligent communicator with the ability to drive results by rallying & focusing cross-functional teams & stakeholders
- Comfortable & energized by uncharted problems
- Passionate about eCommerce, mobile, logistics & operations
- Flexible, able to adjust & change direction as the business environment & technology universe evolves & changes
- Committed to delivering a seamless customer experience
- Empathetic, servant leader
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, supply chain management, operations research, or related field; MBA a plus
- Product management experience leading cross functional teams to deploy innovative solutions
- Demonstrated expertise in operations & supply chain systems required to fulfill eCommerce orders at scale
- Excellent data analysis skills with strong proficiency in SQL
- Demonstrated experience managing stakeholders & consistently setting expectations