Business Contracts Manager, Global
Investing your time with Flexport means keeping pace with a rapidly growing business, learning new skills, & seeking opportunities to fill the gap. We appreciate your contributions to making Flexport an amazing place to work & we encourage upwards or lateral movement & transfers that align with current business needs.
The Business Contracts Manager will support the Sales & Legal teams with commercial contracts. This role will manage the contract intake & flow between the Sales & Legal teams, subject matter experts (SMEs), & internal stakeholders across North America & Europe Enterprise Demand Team. The Business Contracts Manager will support the Enterprise Demand Team with customer contracts. The successful candidate will have a crucial role in ensuring Flexport understands the business opportunity & the risk that might be associated with each contract, all the while ensuring that the relevant SMEs & decision makers (DMs) have been involved.
- Own & manage RFPs & MSAs (legal contracts) by gathering, organizing, & understanding internal feedback from the SMEs & DMs about specific deals or contracts.
- Work cross functionally to complete complex client contracts with various internal stakeholders.
- Support Account Executives (AEs) & other Contract Owners through the Flexport Customer Contract Review Process, confirming all information is collected accurately, thoroughly, & timely.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders & negotiate with customers to make the best decision for Flexport as a whole.
- Liaise with the SMEs & DMs to ensure they understand their role & responsibility when reviewing contracts.
- Make continued updates to the Customer Contract Review Process including but not limited to keeping the SME Approval Matrix current.
- Arrange for training on an as needed basis to make certain that AEs, SMEs, DMs, & other internal stakeholders understand the Customer Contract Review Process.
- Work with the Business Technology Team to make continued updates to the Contract Intake Portal in Salesforce. Support the Sales & Legal Teams with any Salesforce issues.
You should have:
- BA/BS degree & 5+ years of professional work experience in Sales, Business Development, Client Success, Investment Banking, Legal, Financial Services, & / or Consulting
- Strong background Account Based Marketing, CRM usage, Salesforce, & Excel (preferred)
- Highly organized with exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to work autonomously & to multitask & pivot when need be
- Excellent project management skills: Youre detail-oriented & hold yourself to timelines
- Resourcefulness: Youre creative in your approach to solving problems & producing outcomes
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy & enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry
- The intellectual horsepower to become a guide on international trade in a matter of weeks, & the curiosity to keep learning about all its intricacies for years to come
- Ability to craft compelling presentations, & able to relay information in a seamless way
- Proven ability to quickly gain trust with internal & external senior leadership
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make it easy & accessible for everyone. Were shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology & exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, were experiencing record growth & are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions & people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, & the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.