Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Senior Manager of Marketing Strategyto join our Marketing team in our NYC office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About this role:
As the Senior Manager of Marketing Strategy, you will be the leader of the Medicare Advantage line of business.You will become the expert on the markets we operate in & audiences we touchfrom market dynamics to local community landscape. You will be responsible the marketing budget for this line of business & for the results that you create.
You will work with leaders within the marketing organization (Partner Marketing, Consumer Insights, Media & Acquisition, Member Engagement) & the broader organization (Network, Sales, Product) to develop a go-to-market strategy for our 2021 markets & translate the strategy into sales enablement, community activations & earned & paid media campaigns across broker, provider & member audiences.
You will report to the Associate Director of Marketing.
- Develop core positioning, audience segmentation & marketing channel recommendations across owned, earned & paid channels for driving targeted awareness, consideration & acquisition of our addressable market of Medicare eligibles.
- Keep a pulse on the market dynamics (competitive landscape, plan design, consumer trends) in our existing & expansion markets.
- Partner with the Consumer Insights team to develop an understanding of the needs & wants of our consumer & broker audiences through surveys, interviews & industry research.
- Work across the marketing & sales organization to ensure your segmentation strategy & core positioning translates across all growth programs (broker co-marketing, direct-to-consumer, community partnerships, collateral)
- Monitor growth trends throughout the year & deliver insights on what is working & what isnt to the leadership team.
- 5+ years experience working in marketing (product marketing experience preferred) & sales enablement.
- 2+ years of tactical marketing channel experience (ran digital/offline campaigns) & has been directly responsible for managing a marketing budget.
- Experience managing the development of marketing campaigns, & an understanding of how marketing impacts each stage of the buyer journey/purchase funnelfrom awareness, to consideration, to conversion.
- Experience driving influence across an organization, including presenting to c-suite.
- You are comfortable analyzing survey data, evaluating market trends & sizes, & presenting a business case.
- You have an ability to keep track of many moving pieces, without letting the ball drop.
- You frequently communicate a projects status & action items to partners.
- Experience marketing directly to an older audience (60+) & vulnerable populations (e.g. chronically ill, lower income, etc.)
- Experience working in the health care industry, with an understanding of payor, provider, & patient dynamics.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We aim to make health care accessible for all, & apply this same vision to our perks & benefits, including: medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.