Lets face it, managing personal finances is hard. 70% of Americans struggle with at least one aspect of financial stability, 1 in 5 has no retirement savings, the average college student graduates with $37,000 in student loans, & the national credit card debt is over $1 trillion. At Digit, were building a smart financial assistant to help make financial health effortless for everyone.
We have a collaborative, diverse, & supportive culture & we look for people who are curious, ambitious, & mission-driven. If youre passionate about building something thats never been built before & helping real people every day were excited to meet you.
We are in one of the most ambitious & exciting periods in Digits history. Digit has a product people love & is driving its business & growth based on the revenue it generates. We are building the next generation Digit experience on top of this, with a new product currently in beta.
We are looking for an experienced Frontend Software Engineer who is passionate about building products for our members to achieve effortless financial health. In this role, you will collaborate closely with Product & Design to strategize, iterate on, & launch our products. The role is open to remote within the United States, & will be part of Digits Product Engineering team.
What Youll Do:
- Youll be collaborating closely with our product & design team along each step of the product development process, from ideation, to implementation, to testing, & production release
- Youll help set the technical direction of your team & guide the implementation of end-user experiences that better the financial health of Digits users
- Youll mentor engineers on the team & establish best practices for frontend engineering org
- Youll build user interfaces that are intuitive, accessible, performant & reliable using modern frontend tech stack for mobile such as React, React Native for Android/iOS
Who You Are
- 5+ years as a dedicated frontend software engineer with experience working on services at scale
- You have a working knowledge of React/React Native or similar modern libraries
- You have expertise building responsive layouts with HTML, CSS
- You have experience debugging complex problems & collaborating with backend/full stack engineers
- You are interested in improving user experience & building foundational design system components
- You have an appreciation for clean & well tested code
- Youre passionate about engineering & operational excellence & a champion of monitoring & observability
- You enjoy working on a team, growing as a team, & leaving things better than you found them
Technologies We Teach & Use
- gRPC, REST, http, SQS, Kafka
- Postgres, MongoDB, DynamoDB
- DataDog, Bugsnag, Rollbar
- Mobile development experience with React Native, Swift, Java, or Kotlin
- You have experience with mobile CI/CD pipeline using buildkite/CircleCI
- Experience working at fast paced fintech or banking companies
Who We Are:
We want to eliminate the stress & anxiety people feel about their finances so they can focus on whats most important in their lives. We first mastered saving for people's near-term goals, helping our members automatically save over $5 billion. Today, we are harnessing our groundbreaking machine learning & personalization technology to give our members an automated smart financial assistant to manage all of their personal finances.
Were committed to doing the best work of our lives, together. Come see if we're the right team for you.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary & stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, & vision benefits
- 18 weeks Parental Leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Catered lunches with unlimited snacks & drinks
- Commuter & wellness benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 401k plan
- Brand new office in the heart of SFs financial district
Digit is a proud equal opportunity employer & we believe that a diverse & inclusive workforce is an imperative. We welcome people of different backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, & perspectives, just to name a few. We do not discriminate based upon any protected class & we encourage candidates of all identities & backgrounds to apply. Digit considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Digit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.