Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Mailchimp CX & Design is a multi-disciplinary department comprised of brand design, marketing design, product design, design operations, & customer experience design. We work cross functionally with just about every team from marketing to product to culture to deliver a unified customer experience and bring the Mailchimp brand to life.
The Senior Director of Customer Experience is responsible for defining, measuring, & driving a world-class customer experience for Mailchimp across every customer touchpoint. You will lead & grow a team that will identify & drive the optimization of key customer-facing areas to connect the dots across the brand from marketing the brand, using the product, to help supporting the customer. This team will be responsible for the management & delivery of the CX strategies, tools, concepts, & measurement.
As the Senior Director of Customer Experience you will work with cross-functional stakeholders -including marketing, customer support, design, product, engineering, & back office teams to drive a culture of customer-centric thinking throughout the organization. You will have a proven track record of success in elevating customer experience, strong vision, & a mindset that views customer experience as Mailchimps most important product. You should also have experience creating world-class systems & processes to measure & improve customer experience. In this role you will be part of the design & experience leadership team & report to the SVP of CX & Design.
What youll do here:
- Define, measure & manage Mailchimps end-to-end customer experience strategy
- Build a world-class team that can drive optimization of key customer-facing opportunities (processes/workflow/deliverables)
- Create a vision for how each customer-facing process will evolve, & align the company around that vision
- Define & curate the right CX measurement tools for the organization (e.g. help capture the brands unified Voice of the Customer)
- Translate complex data into experience strategies that have measurable impact on the product, business & overall customer journey as measured through NPS
- Uses research insights (VoC) to help influence marketing & product development & future product roadmaps
- Champion & implement UX tools (e.g. journey mapping, personas)
- Create internal systems & processes that improve & optimize customer experience
- Be the champion for customer experience across the company & provide executive visibility around key customer experience metrics
- Partner closely with marketing & product organization to drive critical improvements in the overall customer experience
- Measure & assess Mailchimp's overall customer experience & improve this over time (key metrics)
- Benchmarking C/UX trends, consumer needs, & competitor moves Spearhead & develop optimization strategies for specific touchpoints. Provide strategic insights about the customer voice to leadership (based on analytics & experience)
- Work closely with other key cross-functional stakeholders to drive required changes to improve customer experience
- Be the strategic & analytical expert on all things related to Mailchimps customer experience: opportunities, misses, strengths & weaknesses
- Build a culture & system that inspires the entire organization to become even more customer-centric in their efforts to support our customer needs by leveraging the customer insights generated from this team.
- Rally the company & its culture to be true to its leadership principle of listen hard, change fast
Wed love to hear from you if:
- You have solid experience in product, marketing, & user experience design
- You have 10+ years of leadership in Customer Experience
- 15+ years of supervisory, management, or leadership experience
- 10+ years of demonstrated leadership in branded products or systems
- Solid understanding of CX/UX strategies. best practices, principles, & models
- Experience leading ux design teams & deliverables (visual, interaction, copy, user research, front end engineers)
- Solid understanding of branding
- High IQ & EQ, proven strong leadership & decision making
- Strong communication skills, ability to articulate & sell a vision
- Strong execution skills & ability to drive action & accountability
- Proven track record of hiring & managing world-class talent
- Entrepreneurial spirit & mind-set, a focus on possibilities & not obstacles
- Proven ability to navigate ambiguity & change
- Proven track record of defining & optimizing processes
- Ability to communicate directly to product & technical teams
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.
We love our hometown & support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.