Peloton is looking for a self-motivated, dynamic attorney with 5+ years of experience at a top law firm or in-house practice to join our growing legal team. As Corporate & Securities Counsel, you will be primarily responsible for supporting Pelotons senior attorneys, Finance & People teams on all matters related to our public filings, corporate & tax structuring, & securities law compliance.
This position requires a thorough understanding of Pelotons multifaceted business, including its suppliers, partners, members, & competitors, in order to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Assist the Financial Reporting team in the preparation & review of all of Pelotons SEC filings, including Form 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, proxy statements, & Section 16 filings.
- Review external communications, including press releases, investor presentations, & other announcements, & significant internal communications
- Partner with the Investor Relations team on Regulation FD compliance oversight, investor engagement activities, & planning & executing Pelotons Annual Meeting.
- Work closely with the People team to administer Pelotons Insider Trading Policy & 10b5-1 plans, & related equity matters.
- Stay current on external governance trends, SEC & NASDAQ developments, & best practices in an evolving regulatory landscape
- Maintain & implement policies & procedures relating to securities law compliance & disclosure matters; work closely with our internal audit team on SOX compliance matters.
- Provide support for our Treasury & Accounting teams in the maintenance of our credit facilities & other financing arrangements.
- Oversee entity management & corporate filings (local, state, & national); serve as the primary liaison to our Tax & Accounting teams for questions related to our corporate entities.
- 5+ years experience at a top law firm or in-house role, with a focus on SEC reporting or securities law compliance & advisory work.
Please note, M&A or Capital Markets candidates without significant experience in managing public company reporting will not be the right fit for this role.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate & securities law (particularly SEC/NASDAQ rules & regulations).
- Excellent written & verbal communication & interpersonal skills.
- Strong business acumen & ability to advise on business-related legal issues.
- Must be an independent & strategic thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) & willing to take on additional responsibilities.
- Superb organizational skills.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, disruptive business.
- Knowledge about the consumer tech world, familiarity with issues related to high growth, new public issuers is a plus.
- Member in good standing of the NY, CA, or comparable State Bar.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.