About Us VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, & methodology to empower the worlds largest organizations to adapt to change & build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
You have expertise in changing the software development lifecycle & want to be part of the next wave of cloud native applications. You have extensive knowledge of software development landscape to help the sales & field engineering teams to propose the most optimal solutions for our customers. You also have the desire & ability to travel within your assigned territory. Above all, you have a customer-focused mindset & are a hands-on technical expert to support the sales activities in your region.
Pivotal Sales has a unique opportunity to help some of the biggest brands in major industries create new digital experiences & rediscover the power of software by using Pivotal Labs & Pivotal Cloud Foundry. Our team is growing exponentially as we are seeing a huge increase in demand from clients who are transforming their software delivery capability & building cloud native applications to drive customer engagement.
The Pivotal Platform Architect will be responsible for providing pre-sales deep technical & business expertise for Pivotal Cloud Foundry. In addition, you will have the capabilities to install, connect, & optimize the platform. You will interface directly with customers as well as collaborate with Product Management as a field representative on the development of products & enhancements. You will be responsible for influencing customers to deploy cloud native architectures that leverage modern enterprise frameworks/languages. You will help customers design cloud native data architectures that include traditional database, caching, archival (Hadoop, S3) & other data technologies.
Required Skills / Experiences
- At least 8 years experience as a hands-on software architect ideally in a customer facing capacity
- 3+ years experience in data center architecture, delivery & operational services in Cloud IaaS environments such as VMware SDDC, AWS, Azure, Google Compute Platform & OpenStack
- Experience with server administration in Tomcat, WebSphere, Weblogic, Glassfish, JBoss, Nginx, HA Proxy, Apache & Microsoft IIS
- Understanding of DevOps concepts & tools such as Chef, Puppet, Kubernetes, Docker, Heroku buildpacks & BOSH
- Pays attention to IT Operations trends & new best practices
- Experience using and/or developing on a Unix/Linux platform
- Solid understanding of systems monitoring, alerting & analytics (New Relic, Cacti, Graphite, Logstash, Nagios, Ganglia, Splunk, Papertrail, Datadog, VMware vRealize, AppDynamics etc.)
- Understanding of PaaS offerings such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk, or similar
- Has a bias for action & can break down complex problems into steps that drive customer interest in Pivotal technologies
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality
- Ability to see & present 'the big picture' & offer solutions to make it better
- Must be effective in working both independently & in a team setting
- Dynamic presence & excellent communications skills
- Analytical ability, problem solving skills & decision-making skills
- Ability to travel up to 50% regionally
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Prior experience presenting to C-Level executives
- Prior technical Pre-Sales experience
- Experience in qualifying sales opportunities
- Understanding of PaaS offerings such as Cloud Foundry, Azure Service Fabric
- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.