Industry Lead - US State & Local Government
The Industry Leads team at Appian is a growing part of our business development organization. We are expanding this team & seeking an Industry Leader for our rapidly growing federal business. As the Industry Leader, US State & Local Government (SLG), you will have overall responsibility for go to market strategy, ensuring client success, & continued steady growth in license revenue across all our SLG clients.
You will spend approximately 50% of your time at our existing clients & partners, helping to evangelize new applications for our application platform software & providing strategy & coaching for our Sales & Professional Services teams. The rest of your time will be split between helping Account Executives design programs to penetrate new target accounts & creating thought leadership material (e.g., white papers, articles, blog posts), speaking at industry events, etc. to gain prospect interest. You will be heavily involved in new business capture, providing senior level guidance on win themes, teaming, & deal strategy.
Additional Activities Include:
- Leading & participating in presentations & follow-on education activities at prospects & customers
- Providing guidance to Appian Sales on the best approach to capture opportunities in the given territory by creating key win themes that resonate with target audiences
- Setting our marketing strategy by determining appropriate compelling topics, trade shows, & content to support our overall public sector messaging
- Working with senior leaders at our delivery partners to coordinate joint pursuits & internal messaging
Required Skills & Desired Background:
- Minimum of 15+ years of direct experience in a significant role within the state & local government space
- Hands on experience driving new solutions in an area directly impacted by regulatory changes, significant process inefficiencies, or experiencing high growth
- Background work experience either in delivery or solutions at a Tier 1 systems integrator strongly preferred
- Strong technical aptitude to bridge between client business leaders & Appian team members
- Demonstrated track record of creating written thought leadership materials & speaking at industry events
- Significant experience participating in federal business development activities
Location & Travel:
- When conditions are safe, travel could be expected to government customers & partners across the country
- Candidate can work remotely in any location across the U.S.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.