Senior Analytics Engineer
MakeSpace is looking for a hands-on Senior Analytics Engineer to help us revolutionize the $38 billion storage industry. We just raised $55 million in Series E funding to help make space more accessible to everyone with our full-service customer experience & full-featured technology products. Join us as we help people live more spacious lives in 31 cities across North America (and counting).
We're looking for a Senior Analytics Engineer to join the Strategy team. Reporting to the SVP of Strategy, you will drive growth & operational excellence by developing exceptional reporting, analytical tools, & data products, by empowering each functional area & educating them on our data, & by generating & communicating insights to teammates across the business. This role can be fully remote from any US or Canada location, with some preference for candidates based near our teams in New York City, Phoenix, or Denver.
- Partner with executives, functional leaders, & stakeholders on our Sales, Marketing, Product, Customer Experience, & Ops teams to drive change in the organization by providing insights & making high-quality data products available to decision makers
- Own & lead projects to answer big strategic questions, like identifying high-value submarkets to add to our service area; predicting customer lifetime value; & developing customer segments & personas
- Develop, scale, & refine our production data platform using best-of-breed ELT technologies
- An experienced individual contributor & full-stack analyst (a.k.a. analytics engineer), with 5+ years of experience in data science, data analysis, data engineering, or analytical/quantitative roles in management consulting, finance, marketing, or operations
- An analytical thinker looking for an opportunity to own data projects from beginning to end, with a focus on driving better results for the business
- An excellent communicator & a natural team player; curious & inquisitive & excited to gain deep knowledge of every functional area
- An aptitude for applying advanced analytics to solve business problems. Able to use modern data science/machine learning/AI/predictive analytics tools (Python/open-source preferred) to explore, prototype & ship analyses & internal tools. Very strong SQL required
- An expert in cloud data pipelines (Fivetran, Stitch, & other loaders), modern data lakes & warehouses (Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake, etc.), visualization & business intelligence tools (Looker, Tableau, Mode, etc.), & data processing platforms (dbt, DataBricks, etc.). MakeSpace currently uses Fivetran, Stitch, Redshift, dbt, & Looker
- A college graduate with a Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, Science, or another quantitative field
- A competitive base salary & a 401(k) with matching
- Generous & flexible PTO (we believe in our team having a great life outside of work)
- Competitive parental leave policy
- Multiple health care options with premium plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, & Commuter benefits
- Weekly catered lunch, unlimited snacks, beer, cold brew on tap, etc.
- Team happy hours, events, & social clubs
- Free MakeSpace storage so you can take back your space
MakeSpace culture is built on collaboration & innovation. Theres tons of room to grow & opportunities to take initiative. You will partner with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industryand have fun while doing it.
If this sounds like you, then let us knowand join a tech company that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day!
We are an equal opportunity employer & value a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds at our company. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.